Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Impose: Rendering errors?

When we have a new version you'll hear about in the automatic update notifications in the Fiery Software Manager (the Fiery Extended Applications package installer) and here on the Fiery Forums.

But not tomorrow

Whenever Adobe releases a new PDF version (and more importantly, interesting new CS features for designers), we want to make sure they can be rendered properly. If you get examples in the future that won't work, we'd like to get those examples and details so we can understand those new problems. The sooner we understand them, the sooner we can fix them.

-Mike

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Pretty much.

Although, it's difficult to blame anyone other than Adobe for that situation.

What we need to do, as consumers of this BS, is to stop thinking that the world is all flowers and unicorn smiles. Expect instead that indeed, such tools as CWS and the Fiery RIP will fail on items that exist even as EFI is introducing them to the field.

Because we all know that EFI is like any software manufacturer: it creates functionality based on the situation at a single point in time, then has to run through a vigorous QA process that takes time. During that time, Adobe is introducing more buggy features that THEY don't run through any QA to speak of, so when EFI's software is released it looks like EFI screwed up.

We should acknowledge the state of affairs and accept that doing business with Adobe means dealing with stuff like this.

Now, as to why seasoned print shop professionals don't know or understand this, I don't know.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Well, in fact I do understand EFI's QA process and I would certainly not blame them for those kind of problems. But being exactly that kind of "seasoned print shop professional" I also know how other vendors deal with those kind of problems.

Some companies don't really deal with customer complaints (HP with their PS enabled large format printer series) and some others are simply "pushing" new releases of Adobe's libraries down the line and let the customers do the QA (like Colorgate). Neither is acceptable.

So I guess, EFI is performing quite well in this area although I have to admit that they should inform customers whenever incompatibles are already known...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Hi Oxident,
    Command WorkStation 5.6 is available now and improves this behavior.

-Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2