+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ripping Fonts and Color

Default Ripping Fonts and Color

Hi,

a long lasting problem we face has never been answered in earlier posts.

We rip PDF files in which Fonts are still fonts.
    When using a CMYK color for the fonts that is the same as a vector shape next to it color will look different due to raster that is used in vector and fonts. CMYK colors are the same even after ripping.

The only way to have them print the same color is by outlining the fonts!

Any other solutions for this ??
    Konica Minolta C2070P
    EFI Contoller
    CWS 6.2.030 (Installed on Rip)

Workstations
    Apple Macs OS 10.13.4
    Pc's Windows 7, Windows 10

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

My guess is that your halftone settings is mapping one halftone screen for text and another halftone screen for vector objects. Can you confirm what the halftone screen setting is being used for your print jobs? It could be Standard. If it is Standard, then I believe one halftone screen is applied to images/bitmap and graphical/vector objects and another screen for text. To apply the same screen to all objects, I would suggest using either options Resolution or Gradation - these options will apply the same screen to all objects.
    Victor Ibarra
    Fiery Lead QA Engineer - Color & Imaging

Default Screening

He Victor,

I believer both standard, and resolution apply scr2 to fonts/vectors and images. There used to be an overvieuw availlable for Canon Fiery Controllers and the screen settings per preset. From this i dedduct that scr2 is used for all.
    Konica Minolta C2070P
    EFI Contoller
    CWS 6.2.030 (Installed on Rip)

Workstations
    Apple Macs OS 10.13.4
    Pc's Windows 7, Windows 10

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

I'm not familiar with Canon printers but maybe there are some settings like "sharpen text" or "enhance halftone text"?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

I'll check with my co-worker who is more familiar with Canon and see if she can give me some feedback.

Do you have a loupe/magnifying glass that you can use to verify the halftone screen for the text/font objects and graphical/vector art objects? If the objects are between 80% - 40% (tint) and are primary colors (ie cyan or magenta), you should be able to see that they are the same or different.

-victor
    Victor Ibarra

direxiondm,

What Fiery resolution option are you printing with? 1200dpi? 600dpi? The resolution option is located within the Image tab of the Fiery print driver or Command Workstation Properties.
    Victor Ibarra

+ Reply to Thread