+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Micropress 8.3 XP box upgrade to Win 7 box

Default Micropress 8.3 XP box upgrade to Win 7 box

Hi we have a customer who has Ricoh equipment running this version of MP and XP

I was told to call Ricoh for the support of this upgrade and their support contract with MP is only through Ricoh. I called Ricoh and they said they know nothing of the upgrade at this time. With the end of life for XP what should be done with these controllers?

Default MicroPress 8.3 XP box upgrade to Win 7 box

Hello,
    Depending on your MicroPress hardware, XP can be converted to Windows 7. If you have either a Dell Optiplex 960, or a Dell Optiplex 990, or a Dell Precision T7400, there is a conversion kit available for purchase. Please check with your dealer or OEM sales for pricing. The kit includes MicroPress 8 Win7 x64 OS recovery discs in English, German, Spanish, French and Dutch for these platforms.

A few additional notes:
    1. This is not an update or upgrade. It is a conversion kit. This means that the current state of the system will be overwritten and the MicroPress system software must be installed and
    reconfigured. This will require you to back up any jobs or settings that you need to keep and migrate to the Windows 7 setup.

2. This conversion kit only applies to XP based hardware that shipped as part of the MicroPress 8 model group. It does NOT support MicroPress 7.x systems running XP. Customerís on MicroPress
    7.x cannot convert to Windows 7.

3. The conversion kit ONLY applies to the three models listed above (Optiplex 960/990 and Precision T7400). Any other hardware that EFI shipped as part of MicroPress 8 should have
    already included the Windows 7 OS recovery disc. Before ordering this kit it is recommended to verify if your hardware has a Windows 7 license sticker or not. If so then you should also have the OS recovery disc from the shipping container (even if the system was preinstalled with XP). If your hardware has an XP or Vista license sticker then you will need this kit.

Thanks,
    MicroPress Tech Support

MicroPat is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MicroPat is on a distinguished path

Default Upgrade Kit for Win 7

I ordered 2 upgrade kits with the following reference : 45102153 KIT,UPGRADE,WIN 7 OS,ENGLISH,MICROPRESS

So, I received in these kits a Recovery disc for Dell 960, Dell T7400 & Dell T7500 and inside this kit there was also a Windows 8.1 Pro Distribution (full version).
    I installed the Recovery Disc in the MicroPress Server and with this Recovery Disc, there was no Win 7 Licence Key included in.

I don't understand why there is a Win 8.1 Pro included in my kit knowing MicroPress 8.3 is only supported on W7 and Win XP.

So, where can I have a valid product key to input in my MP server ?

The actual product key labelled on my server (Dell Optiplex 960) is for a Windows Vista Business OEM. My Windows activation is running for 30 days without a valid Product Key and I would like to know how can I activate my Windows 7 O.S before the end of this time.

Thank you and best regards.

MicroPat

Default RE: Upgrade Kit for Windows 7

The Upgrade kit should not include a Windows 8 disk. If it does it will not work. MicroPress is not supported on Windows 8 at this time. Contact the folks involved in ordering the kit or contact Tech Support for an RMA. You will need a copy of the original PO for verification.

Thanks,
    MicroPress Tech Support

+ Reply to Thread