Thread: Print and Hold

Default Print and Hold

Sometimes just want my job printed and back in the held queue....whether I start spooled (light yellow icon) or ripped (dard yellow icon)...
    print and hold not available for ripped jobs like it is for spooled...always have to remove raster to access...just my preference maybe to keep jobs in held queue until finished proofing, printing, etc...
    think it would be handy...

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

If the job is in the Held queue and is rasterized, choosing "print" simply copies it, leaving the original in place in the Held queue, and then prints the copy--and then after printing deposits that copy into the Printed queue.

Have you tried that?

Yes, this behavior is different from non-rasterized jobs, where "Print" prints them and moves them to the Printed queue.

I have to say, I don't really like this behavior because it fills up the Printed queue. If you proof print something many times, you'll have many copies in the Printed queue--and they shove out other jobs that you may want to go back to.

Yes, and that's the behavior don't care for....fills up the printed q....