Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PS undefined error, offending command "T1_gsave"

Default ya

They are still ****ed that I fixed the last problem I had with this system that they said wasn't software. It was a patch that should have been on our system. They are just making it so I have to replace it but I can't so I am stuck with what it can do. Scott it is out of you hand but what they do reflect on fiery as well. It look real bad when I can print something on a $600.00 printer but not on a $35,000 dollar one.

Don, please check private message I just sent you

Don, please check your private messages

Cool T1_gsave FIX!

I just spent 2 hours going through 100+ settings in Adobe Acrobat Pro's Preflight feature and was able to solve the menacing T1_gsave problem that has been driving me crazy for so long.

Open the pdf with Acrobat Pro

Select 'Edit' --> 'Preflight'

Under 'PDF fixups' select 'Flatten Overprints'

Click 'Edit'

Under the window pane on the left hover over the second button from the left and it should read 'Duplicate the selected profile'. Click that and then in the window pane above choose the one that you just created 'Flatten overprints (Copy 2)'.

Under that heading, select 'Fixups'.

In the center window pane select 'Flatten overprinting and transparency' then click the pencil icon below the window pane to edit it.

Below the window panes you will see settings for:

Raster/vector balance (change this to 20)
    Line art and text resolution (keep at 300 ppi)
    Gradient and mesh resolution (keep at 150 ppi)

Then un-check the following:

Convert all text to outlines
    Convert all strokes to outlines
    Clip complex regions
    Preserve overprint

Worked for me... hope it works for you all!

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

All I have ever had to do to fix this error was to Convert all text to outlines.
    Last edited by Doyle; 06-24-2014 at 10:27 AM.

I'm glad that works for you and I hope the person who started this thread finds these tips helpful. I was able to push a few PDFs through but when they printed they had transparency issues (i.e. shaded boxes around type). Merely flattening didn't help. I believe the change that fixed that problem was this one:

Raster/vector balance (change this to 20)

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

The answer to errors like this, or to transparency issues, that happen when you import the PDF directly into the Fiery is this:

use the absolute latest version of Adobe Acrobat, even Reader (always a free download), and file-print the PDF in question.

The latest version of Acrobat (even Reader) is the only thing that has any chance of knowing about and fixing the latest internal features of PDF.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

I agree to adam. If importing the PDF directly is not an option (or your Fiery system is rather old), those problems are often tightly bound to a specific Acrobat release.

Sometimes, fiddling around with Acrobat's print options can do the trick but I would try to find a magical vector/raster flattening decision number. Rather try to use Acrobat's color management (be sure to set the correct simulation profile there) or play around with the "simulate overprint" setting.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2