Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS undefined error, offending command "T1_gsave"

Default PS undefined error, offending command "T1_gsave"

We are running CWS 5.5.0.35 on a fiery s80 (65c-km-v3.0)
    Our KM tech says this is a file issue. But from reading some of the posts this could be a know issue with a patch for it.

This is the error:
    PS undefined error, offending command "T1_gsave"

We get this error on a multi page file it could be a flattening issuse but can't always go back to the files is this something that can be resolved with patch 1-18EVD5. Tired of fighting with the Tech. Any solutions?

Thanks, Don

I'm not sure what an "S80" is..., but you state too; "(65c-km-v3.0)"
    So I will assume this is a v3.0 IC-303 or IC-305 Pro80.

v3.0 is no longer supported. It has not had any patch release since March 2011.

I would highly recommended this system be upgraded to v3.0a.
    That version is supported.

I have not heard any reports of that error on v3.0a

Default 3.0a

Scott why is it that my tech isn't will to keep us up to date. Can I get 3.0a?

He can order that Service Kit (45099843) from KM.

It is a pretty straight-forward upgrade on either IC-303 or IC-305 that your KM tech can do. No hardware changes required.

Default more help

Scott is this something that we can buy directly for Fiery? Like I thought when I said something to our tech he said it wouldn't help. The next words was you need a whole new system. That isn't an option I understand that would be a solution but not an option for now.

Your tech may be correct in that the error is problem with file - so upgrading to v3.0a may only get you to latest (and final) version for this Fiery.

Has this file been tried on any other Fierys or any other postscript RIP's?

I recommend you have KM dealer upgrade you to that version if only because it is only "supported" version for this Fiery. EFI does not directly provide this system software - that is KM's domain.

Default well

It will print to another postscript printer that isn't on a rip. This is the problem with buying a system that has more than one system manufacture. They won't keep things up to date and the other won't support it because it is older. The problem is I still need to use it and it is difficult to find a solution. These problems will fix them self when I don't buy a system like this again. It is very frustrating and the I feel I am flexable and willing to try anything but everone says it isn't their problem. Not very exceptable to me.

Any support organization will not pursue troubleshooting issues with out of date software. v3.0 is not supported any longer.

Does Microsoft support Windows 2000?
    Does Quark support version 7?

No.

If you expect your KM dealer to pursue a resolution for your issue you need to be at level v3.0a. That version may fix issue. If not, that KM dealer on your behalf can escalate this issue to KM support (SSD)

The software updating process will take KM tech 1-2 hours. But they first need to order v3.0a Service kit

Default ok

Scott I under stand. I just wish they would do it for me. They won't so I am out. They only want to sell me a new machine. I will figure a work around for this issue. I can't afford to buy a new machine. The bad part is I can't belieave what I have paid in click charges that was to keep my system up to date and running and now they want to discontinue the system so they just stop supporting it. I will remember this.

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties with your dealer.

That Fiery, at v3.0a level, is supported by KM until October 2014.

The reluctance of that particular dealer to not support you reflects poorly on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast