Thread: Turning on Composite Overprint.

Default Turning on Composite Overprint.

I am wondering if there is a way to have composite Overprint turned permanently on at a server level rather than having to activate it on each file. I have looked up in the forum and how to file but cannot seem to see it. My only conclusion is there isn't a way to do it. Any Help would be appreciated.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

1) set up a virtual printer with that turned on

2) set up a hot folder with that turned on

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Try opening your properties & in the "Customize" tab add your Comp OverPrint Icon & then select it & then Close. If you then re-open you should see it pre selected - like below:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 5156
Size:  81.0 KB
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Try opening your properties & in the "Customize" tab add your Comp OverPrint Icon & then select it & then Close. If you then re-open you should see it pre selected - like below:

Attachment 956

Hi Thistlegrom. Is this on a job to job level or server setup you have there. It looks like job properties

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

If you want to change a default in a Fiery server-based print queue, and have those customized settings propagate to any client computers that might send jobs to that Fiery, then I second adam1991's idea of creating a virtual printer with those settings. Not all Fiery's have virtual printers, however. (And oh by the way, Composite Overprint defaults to "on" in FS-100 Pro.)

Here's another idea (though I haven't tested it): on the Fiery server, right-click on the icon for the "print" or "hold" queue -- whichever you prefer -- and execute Printer Properties and click on the Advanced tab, then on the Printing Defaults button. That will launch the Properties window, where you can make any changes and hit Apply and OK.

I think the Job Properties defaults may be locked for the factory queues on a Fiery server, so this may not work; but it's worth a try if you can't or won't use a virtual printer.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Those are effectively virtual printers in and of themselves, and they aren't locked--so he should be able to set up whatever defaults he wants in those Windows printers.

They are shared out, so linking to those shared printers should generate the results he wants. But only when linked to those SMB printers.

Me, I never link to those shared printers. I like a locally installed driver instance sending via lpr. It's never failed me, and--at least in Windows--I get to set individual local defaults.

(I will take this opportunity, as a Mac user since 1988, to rant about Apple's incredibly weak print mechanism that has several serious flaws, one of which is the inability to set specialized local defaults.)