Thread: Gang up mixed Portrait & Landscape

Red face Gang up mixed Portrait & Landscape

I have a regular job printing booklets that have portrait and landscape pages that we coil bind... when I gang up in CWS to step and repeat, the landscape pages will not print head to toe. Is there a way to to print gang up but have the orientation of landscape print long- edge? I have impose but not sure if that would correct it. Would appreicate your guidance. Newbie

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

I don't believe there is any automatic way to handle this in CWS. If I've understood your issue correctly, what I do to get around this problem is to rotate the landscape pages in Adobe Acrobat so that they are all portrait. You say that you have impose, in which case you can edit the page in that which will bring up Acrobat and you can rotate the pages there. Or you could do it before sending it to the Fiery if the source document is a PDF.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Vikki,

You haven't stated which device or indeed version of CWS you are using..? I can tell you that one of my Customers in London had a Workflow which was similar to yours - which worked & since they upgraded the RIPs to a higher version of CWS & Acrobat this now does not work - this has been escalated to EFI & an outlook is looking towards latter 04/2014 - might not be what you are seeing ?- but equally possibly a fix in the future..? who knows..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..