Thread: Impose and Spot Colour Values

Default Impose and Spot Colour Values

Forgive me if i don't explain this very well but i've noticed if i set a job up in Impose which contains spot colours and save it as a regular imposed job (.dbp). When i run the job the spot colours which i have set to new values aren't converting to my alternate values. Where as if i save the imposed job as a flattened pdf job and run it, the spot colours are converting to my new values. Has anyone else noticed?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I've seen this many times over the years.

Sometimes it's because you need to update to the latest version of Command Workstation. Sometimes it requires a patch to the Fiery, which you get from the print engine manufacturer as part of their support process.

Start with making sure you're at the latest Command Workstation, which is 5.5.0.35.

I have checked and I am running the latest version of CWS. What would be the next step?

Default Can you provide some clarifying information

Regarding this step:
    "When i run the job the spot colours which i have set to new values aren't converting to my alternate values"

Are you using the "Spot Color" editor in Command Workstation to edit the desired CMYK formula?

Note: the Spot Color edits are output profile specific. Be sure the imposed job is using the output profile defined where you are making your Spot Color edits. If your flattened job is getting the edit you want, then the flattened job is using the correct output profile.

Hi Justin, yes I am using the Spot Color editor and I am setting up the properties correctly ie output profile. I did think that maybe the actual pantone wording within my file wasn't correct but that all matches correctly as well.

In my (recent) experience. If the spot color is not accurate to your need and you edit the spot color you will need to remove the raster data from the held .dbp

In cws, right click the job, select Remove Raster Data.

Print or Process the job again.

Repeat as necessary if you continue to edit the spot color (via Resources > Spot Colors)