Thread: 1 task remaining when importing PDF to Command Workstation.

Hybrid View

Default 1 task remaining when importing PDF to Command Workstation.

Hi

My system: OS X 10.9.1
    Command Workstation 5.5.0.35
    Connecting to Xerox EX Fiery for iGen4 v2.0, version 2.03, Software 9 Rel2

I have been using the Command Workstation to drag and drop jobs to the RIP successfully for a while, however in the last week I have been unable to do this because of the following issue.

Drag and dropping a PDF file on to Command Workstation results in the file not appearing in the Held queue, instead I see a message in the bottom left corner of the window frame which reads:
    1 task(s) remaining <FileName>

Beside that I see another message which reads:
    Click here for more info

EDIT: Trying this again this morning, I notice the first time I drag and drop a PDF on to Command Workstation, the window quickly refreshes as if it's accepted the file, but then no file appears in the list. It's on the second attempt to copy files that I get the 1 task remaining message.

Clicking this brings up a dialog window titled ‘Status’. This window shows the PDF and a progress bar which does not change. I have the option here to cancel the job.

I’ve left this for maybe 30 minutes and the job never gets imported.

I get the same result if I choose the ‘Import’ option from the Command Workstation app.

I don't know what has changed from when I could import PDF's to the Command Workstation, but we have other Mac’s here using the same setup and can successfully drag and drop files to the RIP so I know the problem must be on my local Mac. But what?

I’ve trashed my:
    ~/Library/Preferences/EFI Contextual Help Preferences
    ~/Library/Preferences/EFI Rel3.Fiery Command WorkStation.Name
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.efi.FierySoftwareManager
    ~/Library/Preferences/Fiery Command WorkStation Preferences

I’ve re-downloaded the software from http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Products/CWS5 and re-installed it but I still have the same problem.

What else can I try to allow me to copy files to the RIP please?
    Last edited by blacky; 02-07-2014 at 03:00 AM.

After 300 views and no replies I guess nobody had any solutions....

To give an update here though, I've sorted the problem by running the Fiery UnInstaller and removing everything, rebooting and re-running the Fiery-Software-Manager.dmg.

I'm still non-the wiser why it went wrong it the first place though.

Well it's gone wrong again!
    It was okay yesterday, but this morning I see the same problem.

Here's a screenshot.
    Note: I've blurred out some of the filenames as they contain users email addresses.
    Name:  fiery_rip_image.jpg
Views: 2256
Size:  40.1 KB

So what can be causing this?

Okay. Strange. I quit Command Workstation, acknowledging the dialog box that told me there were two tasks in progress.

Reloaded Command Workstation and attempted to drag and drop a different PDF file with a shorted filename and it successfully imported. Then I tried importing the two files I tried earlier and they imported successfully this time too.

So why did the initial import not complete this morning?

I've seen this happen once before, and at that time restarting the Fiery solved the problem.

Could you try this next time it occurs?
    Make sure no files are processing or printing at the time of course.

Thanks of the feedback Greta_C.

It's not the best solution as for the majority of time the RIP is being used for printing and restarting it will not be an option.

Having said that, I will endeavour to try your suggestion next time this problem happens though because if it works then we will be able to confirm the problem is at the Fiery end and not my local machine.