Thread: Conflict on Fiery Settings

Default Conflict on Fiery Settings

Hello All,

I'm having issues printing documents with staples here, whenever I try to, I get the error attached in the screen shot.

How can I fix this? I attempted to remove then re-add the printer, but it didn't help and in the office I'm the only one having this error.

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 3436
Size:  18.3 KB

Need details please.

What is copier make/model?

What is Fiery model and version connected to it?

Are you printing from a Mac or PC?

What OS specifically?

It sounds as if when printer was installed on your computer, the driver was not configured properly. Driver needs to "know" what finishing options your copier actually has installed.

I'd suggest contacting the copier dealer (yes, they support the Fiery controller as well) so they can set that up for you

Its a Ricoh printer, heavy duty, Windows 7 Enterprise on a PC (of course).

Here is a screenshot of the EFI driver stuff.

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 3667
Size:  129.8 KB

What do you think?

You say others in office can print stapled docs fine to that Fiery. Do any/all of them also using same version operating system as you?

On your PC go into Devices & Printers.
    Highlight printer, right-click on it, select "Printer Properties"
    Now, select "Installable Options" tab

You need to have correct options listed in "Installed Options" pane.

Perhaps all you need to do is checkmark "Two-way communications", click "Update", then "Apply"

You could open same window on another computer there that does print stapled jobs, and compare what is listed in "Installed Options" pane.

Again, if you continue to have problems, enlist your dealer to assist.

Do you mean this screen?

Name:  Capture4.PNG
Views: 3347
Size:  31.6 KB

The printer is Ricoh C550EX btw.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

The mimic screen tells you everything you need to know...

The hostname 601ps01 is not being resolved - so the print driver cannot correctly determine what functionality your particular device has hanging off of it..? i.e - it does not know you have a stapler / finisher

Change the hostname to the IP address or add the functionality within the print driver your self ? or if unsure pay someone to do it for you..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 01-12-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

so it was figured out. turns out the Fiery server, at least on the PC side, did not have the installable options enabled for stapling. the admin went in, enabled it, and from then on all users have been able to use that functionality successfully.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Prejt,

Glad your admin managed to sort it out for you - by doing what was posted....
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..