Thread: Installing embeded EXP242

Default Installing embeded EXP242

Hello
    does anyone know how can I reinstall Fiery embeded EXP242 (Xerox)?
    Since it's based on Linux system, I can not connect monitor, nor using Microsoft RDC.
    I guess I do it via cross cable, but I can't find instructions on how to...
    The reason I need to run clean install is because somehow the CWS5 shows almost full capacity disk.
    only 3 Gigs are free out of 66.
    I've no idea what may cause it, since no one has access to the DFE (no shared folders, only file - print).
    Thanks a lot
    Nitzan

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Do you have the original software disks for the Fiery..? if so connect a laptop to your Fiery via network cable - pop the DVD No 1 into the DVD drive & the run the installer it will then show you which dip switches to switch & when to reboot etc etc...
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Default You could always perform a clear server

If you clear the server, it will remove all the jobs, logs, scan files, etc.

Be sure to export whatever you want to keep first, then in Command Workstation go to Server > Clear Server...

Click 'select all' to wipe the lot. That should clear space on your drive, a lot faster than a reload.

Hope that helps,
    G.