Thread: VGA Drivers for a IC408

Default VGA Drivers for a IC408

Hi All

I have a IC408 that has lost the Vga Drivers for some unknown reason. I have manage to get the Fiery going without doing a complete reloade but it is coming up with and in compatiable VGAController Hardware.
    Can anyone recommend where i could get drivers for this.
    Cheers

I think maybe you have misidentified your Fiery model?

The IC-408 is an "embedded" Fiery controller that does not support VGA monitor, keyboard, and mouse. It is a dark gray box screwed on to back side of C6500-class copier.

There would be no need for it to use a VGA driver.

One would interface with this Fiery by using Command WorkStation.

Hi Scott

I know this but when you connect the machine to the copier it does not connect and also when you connect via Remote Desktop it shows that all is working fine but comes up with a message asking to install drivers.
    when you go into the device manager it shows a couple of issues one is the EFI EX500 I think and also the VGA compatiable controller as needing to have drivers installed.

Cheers

Errol

You state "when you connect the machine to the copier it does not connect"...
    So Fiery is not passing print jobs from Fiery to copier/engine?

If in Device Manager you see EFI Controller / EFI vx500 flagged with an error, I recommend you reload v2.0 system software, as there are no drivers that can be provided for that.

On a IC-408 here, I looked at Display Adapter and see it flagged in Device manager, which does not surprise me. This is normal for this Fiery.

I

Hi Scott

Thanks for that, I was hoping not to do that as the client hasnt backed up any of his jobs, but will have to

Cheers

Errol

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Let this be an important lesson: the printer is a printer, not a storage server.

As with any Fiery product, it's not a matter of if it gets wiped and reloaded, but when.

Never store irreplaceable documents inside a Fiery. Period. If you wish to have jobs available for reprint, use the Archive function and move the jobs to an external location, preferably a file server that does get backed up religiously.

Suggest you counsel your client accordingly. If your client wishes not to take your advice, that's his problem.

shmegenke is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor shmegenke is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Let this be an important lesson: the printer is a printer, not a storage server.

As with any Fiery product, it's not a matter of if it gets wiped and reloaded, but when.

Never store irreplaceable documents inside a Fiery. Period. If you wish to have jobs available for reprint, use the Archive function and move the jobs to an external location, preferably a file server that does get backed up religiously.

Suggest you counsel your client accordingly. If your client wishes not to take your advice, that's his problem.
    Realistically, you run the risk on any system with an HDD. Fiery or not - It's always best to backup your important documents/jobs to external media.