Thread: Same colour values as Spot colour search do not produce same colour

Default Same colour values as Spot colour search do not produce same colour

Hi guys,

I measured a colour with the densitometer and printed a Spot colour search sheet which is bang on colour wise. Then took the same CMYK Values in Corel Draw and Photoshop and got total different colour. I shut off the colour management in Corel Draw and Photoshop and used the same output profile. Why is the colour different? Any suggestions?

Harry

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Harry -

Can you tell us which Fiery Product you are using ? & which file format you are submitting to it PS - PDF ?
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 07-16-2014 at 03:01 AM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Default system

Hi there,

I have the E-41A Fiery with I think the latest 2.02 system version loaded. Latest CW update, 5.6021. I am sending the files direct from the Corel and Photoshop program, so I guess as PS file. Results are consistent between those 2 prints but not with the Spot colour search print. Let me know if you need any more info.
    Harry