Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CWS can not quit normally, only force quit works

I have just clicked on the Server Configuration tab and it did take quite a while to come up with the information, 8 seconds in fact.

I'm not sure what that tells you but the frustration of this problem is still annoying. I have even installed a brand new copy of Mac OS 10.10 and it's still doing it.

I hope you can resolve it really soon.

David

I'm also seeing problems with the latest version of CWS refusing to quit or crashing on quit under Yosemite on the Mac. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times, but it didn't resolve the issue.

Also seeing this over and over again in the console log:
    8/4/15 4:22:27.018 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.efi.fieryd[98152]) Service exited due to signal: Abort trap: 6
    8/4/15 4:22:43.743 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.efi.fieryd) Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.

When I click on the server tab I see delays as well.

Default I can give you access to a computer that has this issue in Minneapolis

It sounds like you haven't been able to replicate this issue.

I know that you have a facility in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis and I could bring my laptop over that has this issue 90% of the time.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Well, I switched over from OS 10.8 to OS 10.10 a couple of months ago; some of the problems I used to see on 10.8--specifically surrounding the fieryd service--have actually gone away.

And while cmd-Q generally doesn't work to quit CWS, clicking the close button in the window does it every time.

And I don't see any delays of any kind when working with it.

Be aware that because CWS is inherently a network application, its behavior in your environment may well differ from its behavior in a different environment--even on the same physical computer.

Also, your specific Macintosh configuration may be revealing things that other Mac configurations won't. Given that, here's an idea: boot into safe mode (reboot with shift key down) and run CWS and observe its behavior. If it changes, then some software you've installed or some configuration unique to your computer is getting in the way.

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Well, I switched over from OS 10.8 to OS 10.10 a couple of months ago; some of the problems I used to see on 10.8--specifically surrounding the fieryd service--have actually gone away.

And while cmd-Q generally doesn't work to quit CWS, clicking the close button in the window does it every time.
    What are you talking about?

The close box in Mac OS X is only closing the window, not the app!

There are some exceptions to this rule but CWS is not one of them.

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

I have a new iMac and a new OS X 10.11 and was curious if this could help fix the problem.
    It could not

I'd like to take the opportunity to remind all members here that the 2 years anniversary party for this unresolved bug will be taking place as planned in January. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by Andersson; 10-21-2015 at 03:21 AM.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Andersson View Post
    What are you talking about?

The close box in Mac OS X is only closing the window, not the app!

There are some exceptions to this rule but CWS is not one of them.
    It closes the app for me. Always has.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    It closes the app for me. Always has.
    Maybe it's one of the exceptions and I haven't noticed.

I've tried it now on three Macs and I get the same result as with the Quit command - the app freezes.
    Last edited by Andersson; 10-22-2015 at 02:04 AM.

This problem finally went away but in a rather surprising way.

The latest CWS 5.8 update fixed the problem in one Mac Mini here but all the other Macs didn't budge. The 5.8 update was pulled back after a few days (if you can't find it).

A week or two after testing the 5.8 update we replaced our old Xerox with a new Xerox C60 machine. And all these problems with CWS stopped at the same time the new machine was hooked up. Problem went away both with CWS 5.7 and 5.8 in all Macs.

So go figure...

The CWS 5.8 can be downloaded from www.efi.com/cws5

Regards,
    Mark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast