Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CWS can not quit normally, only force quit works

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Evidently not...

Today I updated our Macs at work and the brand new CWS 5.6.0.42a is still crashing when we try to quit it.

This is really terrible. It looks like a repeatable problem (not intermittent) and yet there is nothing done about it . No one takes any responsibility for it either by letting us know whats going on.

And what's with the 5.6.0.42a?

Are you releasing alpha software now?

Andersson,

I apologise for the inconvenience but we are unable to replicate the problem here. I am running the latest release on two macs and I can't see it either.

I did reproduce the issue once, but then it never occurred again. You yourself said one of your colleagues doesn't have the problem.

If you can give me 100% steps to reproduce this on any mac we could fix it right away.

Alternatively if you would allow us to have a webex support session with one of your macs that reproduces all the time, our engineers could poke around and see what's happening.

G.

Ps. 5.6.0.42a does not mean alpha. It is merely a version number indicating a branch.

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Andersson,
    I did reproduce the issue once, but then it never occurred again. You yourself said one of your colleagues doesn't have the problem.
    The stats at the office are currently like this.

Working: 1
    Not working: 4

One of the Macs not working is a brand new iMac with no "luggage" from previous installations etc.

There is one more Mac in the house but I haven't been able to test it today. It's my boss's portable Mac so it's away. So the best case would be 2/4 and the worst case 1/5.

Andersson,
    If you can give me 100% steps to reproduce this on any mac we could fix it right away.
    This is like that old iMac commercial... no step 3.

1. Start CWS
    2. Quit CWS... it hangs

Andersson,
    Alternatively if you would allow us to have a webex support session with one of your macs that reproduces all the time, our engineers could poke around and see what's happening.
    The new iMac is not used by anyone at the moment so we could use this one.

Andersson,

Hi Greta

Can we give this a try?

I've never used Webex but I have signed up for an account now.

Of course. No webex account required, I'll send a web link.

I've sent you a private message asking which timezone you are on, and when are the convenient timeslots for us to do this.

Thanks,
    G.

Hi, what's the latest on this one?

I received a message 3 weeks ago from Greta. She said they were busy with CWS 5.7 so they hadn't been able to connect to me. Then came the holidays and here we are again...

So good that you bumped this thread...

I've upgraded to a fresh installation of Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite and still this problem haunts me on my iMac. The bizarre thing is that it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it quits naturally but more often than not I have to force quit to get it to shut down.

I hope EFI are reading these posts and this is something they can resolve shortly.

Default Celebration!

So... let's celebrate the first year without the possibility to quit CWS!!

Wow... what an accomplishment...

Would it be possible to go two years, or even three before fixing this?

We had a webex with Andersson and found that on his system, the Server configuration module of CWS was causing the problem.

We are still looking into why this is, but in the meantime it would be a great help if others seeing the problem, could confirm the following:

On the Macs where CWS will not quit:
    When you open CWS > Device Center > General > Server Configuration, does the server information populate fairly instantly, or does the pane stay white?

Thanks,

Greta.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast