Thread: Server Connections Lost

Default Server Connections Lost

I have been having a problem when printing, that occasionally I will lose the server connection. I will get a message in Command Workstation saying, "Server Connections Lost" and I will have to reconnect to the Fiery. Sometimes the jobs go through and other times I get a "Printer Busy or Error" message.

I have experienced this problem trying both CW 5.5.0.35 and an older version that came with our Fiery.

We have tested our network and have concluded that it is not a network issue.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?

Need some basic info...

What brand and model copier is attached to your Fiery?

What is Fiery model and what version is it running? (connect with Command Workstation, then select Device Center / General / General Info)

We have a Konica Minolta BizHub Pro C6000L.

The Fiery is 70-60C-KM-V 1.0.

We recently purchased new computers with Windows 8. This hadn't been an issue previously when we were running Windows XP.

You state "occasionally I will lose the server connection". How often?

Do you observe this on more than one Win8 client? At the same time?

Does Fiery itself need to be restarted in order to recover? Or do you just reconnect to Fiery in Command WorkStation?

Please provide details on how you print to Fiery (example: print out of applications using Fiery print driver to Hold queue - then releasing jobs from Command Workstation to print)

The print drivers and Command Workstation (CWS) that come with that Fiery do not support Windows 8.
    But the CWS version you mention does (5.5.0.35)

The Windows 8 print drivers for your v1.0 IC-413 are at www.efi.com. Look in driver download section.

Have you contacted your KM dealer regarding this? They are your first line of support for your Fiery.

I would say that I encounter this problem every few days since I got this computer.

The other Windows 8 computer that we also purchased at the same time doesn't have this problem. There have been several times when my print files were not going through to the Fiery, and I would try printing something from my XP computer and I would also have problems.

To continue printing at times I have restarted the Fiery, at times I have restarted my computer and at times I have done both.

Typically I print to the Hold Queue (mostly from InDesign) and then release the file from CWS.

I have contacted KM Tech support twice on this issue. Initially they wanted me to do more troubleshooting thinking that it might be a network issue. We tested that by printing directly to the printer and I still had the same problem. The second time they remoted into my computer and checked all the print settings, etc. and said that everything looked fine. Their one suggestion was to check for a conflicting IP address (which wasn't the problem) and then they made a change to the Ethernet settings in Server/Config/Network/Port/Ethernet so that it would be set to one speed instead of the auto-detect option. About two days later, I encountered this same problem again, so that wasn't the solution.

I believe we have the right drivers installed.

I can certainly contact them again.

Gavin is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Gavin is on a distinguished path

Default Try printing from PDF rather than Indd

You say that typically you print to the Held queue from InDesign - have you tried creating a flattened PDF, importing that to the Held queue, process and print? I'm hazarding a guess that perhaps there's an element in the unflattened Indd file that's causing the problem - it's happened to me before.
    Konica Minolta bizhubpress C1085 - Fiery System FS150 Pro
    Fiery IC-308 v2.0 - CWS 5.8.0.39 SP2 on Windows 7 Pro SP1

Konica Minolta bizhub Pro C6501 (65C-KM V 3.0) - Fiery System 9
    Xerox DC250 (DC250 V 1.2) - Fiery System 8e Release 2
    Fiery Pro80 65-55C-KM PS Color Server 3.0a eu - CWS 5 (5.7.0.29) on Windows XP SP2

EFI CWS 6.1 (6.1.0.28) on Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 Pro
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz 4Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFreshCoffee View Post
    I would say that I encounter this problem every few days since I got this computer.

The other Windows 8 computer that we also purchased at the same time doesn't have this problem. There have been several times when my print files were not going through to the Fiery, and I would try printing something from my XP computer and I would also have problems.

To continue printing at times I have restarted the Fiery, at times I have restarted my computer and at times I have done both.

Typically I print to the Hold Queue (mostly from InDesign) and then release the file from CWS.

I have contacted KM Tech support twice on this issue. Initially they wanted me to do more troubleshooting thinking that it might be a network issue. We tested that by printing directly to the printer and I still had the same problem. The second time they remoted into my computer and checked all the print settings, etc. and said that everything looked fine. Their one suggestion was to check for a conflicting IP address (which wasn't the problem) and then they made a change to the Ethernet settings in Server/Config/Network/Port/Ethernet so that it would be set to one speed instead of the auto-detect option. About two days later, I encountered this same problem again, so that wasn't the solution.

I believe we have the right drivers installed.

I can certainly contact them again.
    AlwaysFresh,

Did you ever get a fix for this? I'm interested to know. I'm seeing similar issues at a customer site. Tried setting the network to "Full 100 Duplex," and still drops off. The customer is printing from multiple applications (not just InDesign, all sorts of apps... it's a school). Any updates are appreciated. Thanks.