Thread: Fiery won't boot

Exclamation Fiery won't boot

Hi all. New to the forums and hoping someone can help. I have a Canon ImageRunner C3480 with the attached Fiery. Last week I could no longer see the machine on the network or in the Command Workstation software. Hooked up a VGA monitor to see if there was an error and saw a DOS screen saying "Uncompressing Linux...ok. Booting the kernel." It never moves off this screen. Also noticed on my Canon's touch screen that all of the buttons related to the Fiery are gone. Any ideas? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It sounds like the Fiery needs a reload. This is something normally performed by a service technician. Please contact your Canon dealer or representative to arrange a service.

Thanks Greta. Normally I would but I'm between maintenance contracts right now (won't bore everyone with the details but got worked over badly by the last service provider and in the process of finding another canon dealer). Is there anything I can do myself to get it back up and running? Also, any thoughts on what could have caused this?