+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to Make Booklets with Fiery Vue 1.3

Default Unable to Make Booklets with Fiery Vue 1.3

I have a customer running a Fiery E-5100 connected to a Ricoh MP C5000. Fiery Vue V1.3 will not utilze the booklet option.

I am able to select Booklet and center staple, but jobs print as if no option was selected.

Occurring on a Windows 7 64 bit OS. Customer also has a Windows XP install running V1.3a that is working correctly to the same Fiery.

Update downloads correctly, but fails upon installation.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Fiery Vue. Rebooted computer and Fiery with no change.

Hello,

On your Windows 7 system, is there any chance the booklet job exceeds the number of pages allowed by the booklet finisher?

Is it 1.3.a that is failing to install in you the Windows 7 PC? Would you have any more details of the failure message?

Thank you,
    Bruce

It is a 8 page PDF document. I am able to duplicate the issue in our lab, printing from a newly downloaded Fiery Vue, un-updated, on a Windows 7 64 bit PC, printing to a E-5100, with the same document.

After running the update to V1.3a, the print came out successfully.

In the customer's environment, the download was successful, but the error occurred during the installation. I am attempting to get the exact verbage of the error from the customer.

Is there a way to manually download this update?

Hello,

Fiery VUE Update is the only update method. Please try to confirm Fiery VUE and all MS Office apps are closed when running the update. You may also wish to try disabling the antivirus program while running the update.

Thank you,
    Bruce

The exact message is "Error in updating Fiery VUE."

Update - no manner of disabling the installed antivirus software, PC Tools, would allow the update to complete.

Completely uninstalling PC Tools allowed the update to complete successfully and booklets to print as desired.

+ Reply to Thread