Thread: Controller Crashes when transmitting file.

Default Controller Crashes when transmitting file.

Hello,

My name is Scott Haigwood and I am the manager at a UPS Store in Nipomo, Ca.

I am running CWS 5.5.0.35 on a windows 8 machine, Vista Machine and XP sp3 Machine.
    The Controller is installed on a Konica Minolta Bizhub c550 and the program version for the controller is
    8e. I have both the Postscript and PCL drivers installed as well.

My problem is as follows:

Occasionally we will have a customer come in with a large document that they would like us to scan to PDF for them in order to digitalize it. They then want us to print multiple sets of the document. When I attempt to print larger "Scanned PDF" files the Controller will often crash. The most recent file I attempted to print was 14mb. Yes this is a large file I suppose. However, it seems that the Controler should be able to handle this job since it has a much larger harddrive installed with over 85% available space. I have tried sending via the Postscript and PCL drivers as well as using CWS 5.5 to add to the print que directly. When using all three of these methods the file appears to be transmitting and then when approx. 90% complete the Controller powers off and an error on the printer comes up saying "job failed to complete, power on controller".

I have been able to get around the problem for this particular job by printing directly to the c550, but I would like to use the Fiery for future jobs as it is obviously better print controller than the standard machine.

Default 14MB is not a big file

Sorry for the inconvenience Scott!

14MB is not a big file, and the Fiery should not power off in this or any file based case. I suspect you have a hardware problem, perhaps a dodgy stick of RAM.

I would suggest placing a service call on that Fiery unit, getting a tech to give it a thorough test.

In the meantime, if you need multiple sets of a document you also have in hard copy, then you could use the copy function on your Bizhub.

Regards,
    G.

Thanks! I didn't think that should be a large file, but it was definitely acting like the file was too large. Now I get to try and figure out how to get it serviced. We bought everything direct from Konica but Konica subcontracts the service to a local company who says its not in their contract to service the Fiery.... haha

The Fiery controller for the C550 is an IC-409 (hopefully running v1.01)

Officially, CWS5.5.0.35 does not support System 8e Fierys such as yours (though this has nothing to do with issue you are reporting). It may be better you install the CWS5.3 that is also available on EFI download site

The Windows PS and PCL print drivers that come with that Fiery do not support Win8

I would recommend you delete the PCL and PS printers on all your Windows machines, download updated drivers currently available at:

http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Fiery-Support/download

...then add printers using those newer drivers.

Assuming you are running v1.01 on that Fiery, have your KM dealer or service provider make sure minimum Fiery patch level is met. See this post for more on that:

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...hlight=1-W5C85