Thread: Job Status - "Waiting to RIP" hangs forever...

Default Job Status - "Waiting to RIP" hangs forever...

Hello all,

Within the past 6 weeks or so our Fiery print jobs have been "hanging" for an excruciatingly long time - over 30 minutes for a simple word doc (0.2 MB size) to print - no images, just type. And jobs that are larger, like a PDF at 100MB with images will take all day for "waiting to rip".

We've tried rebooting the server and printer, had our network guy come in an see if there's some hang up there, even the company that sold us the the printers and Fiery don't know what to do other than rip it out and get a new one installed (quite expensive...)

Any ideas? Please help us Obi-wan, you're our only hope...

Matt

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I think the Star Wars characters are to busy with their Vodafone advert committments...

In the meantime - perhaps you could elaborate on exactly which Fiery products you have - connected to which printer i.e Vendor.. & just to finish how the pdf arrives at the Fiery ? via a print driver / lpr'd dragged onto the hold queue in CWS etc etc..

Just stops us that would like to try & help using the force i.e. guessing......??
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..