Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Command Workstation 5.5.035 will not launch on Mac

Default Command Workstation 5.5.035 will not launch on Mac

After updating through the suggested updatamanager from EFI my CWS 5.5.0.35 will not launch. The splashscreen will show but nithing will happen.

Version before updating was 5.5.0.16b i believe worked like a charm.

Im on Mac OSX 10,7,5

Nothing changed in my mac i just updated cause EFI updtae manager sugested it.

Now what
    Konica Minolta C2070P
    EFI Contoller
    CWS 6.2.030 (Installed on Rip)

Workstations
    Apple Macs OS 10.13.4
    Pc's Windows 7, Windows 10

Default Wait a really, really long time

Updated yesterday and had the same issue. Acted like it was hanging at the splash screen. On 10.7.5, it takes at least 5 minutes on my Mac Pro when I first start up CW. Once it's running, it seems to be okay.

I also have a HD running Leopard and it seemed to take about 1/2 as much time to startup. Hope this helps. I contacted support about it and hopefully they'll put in a ticket to check it out and fix it with the next .rev.

The newer utility package posted yesterday supports Mac OS 10.6 and newer

I just ran this upgrade (from 5.5.0.16i to 5.5.0.35) using Fiery Software Manager on a 10.7.5 Mac.

Before upgrade to open CWS and connect to Fiery it took about 10 seconds, after upgrade it took 3-5 seconds longer.

Default Apparently, I'm not the only one with the issue, though

With 29 views and counting, and two posts (it's not easy or quick to post to this forum—I had to wait for 2 hours) my guess is that this is happening for more than just the two of us. I know it works for you, so congrats, but in the spirit of entertaining the possibility that your environment doesn't exactly match ours, maybe you guys could do some testing or ask come smart questions for those of us experiencing problems.
    Last edited by seablade25; 11-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Direxiondm, Seablade25; though I am not certain this will solve your issues with the new CWS, it is a suggestion to try.

1.) Find in Applications folder "Fiery Software Uninstaller". Run it. Delete all Fiery applications it shows, ad then in its Printer tab, delete all Fiery printers (be sure to select "Remove Printer and driver")

2.) Now, drag that uninstaller to trash. Empty trash and reboot

3.) Go to http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Fiery-Support/download ;you may need to register, in Download Center screen, select "Application Software and Tools" tab

4.) Select "Fiery Extended Applications" in left pane, then "Fiery Extended Applications v4.1.0.15" in right pane; then select "Find" button. After screen refresh, scroll down and find download for Mac. Download file.

5.) Run installer. It will show you four applications to install. Install Software Uninstaller app and CWS5 - and the other two apps if you wish

6.) Reboot again. Is issue resolved?

7.) If so, Reinstall printer driver and configure printer. Test CWS5 one more time.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Updated a few hours ago, works like a charm here. Current MB Pro, 10.8.5 fully updated.

Default ..i was so hopeful..

thanks for the input, Scott. went through your process, step-by-step. alas, it's still the same. I paid close attention to the time this go around. 8 minutes and 13 seconds to startup. any other ideas?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

What does Activity Monitor show?

Default RE: Activity Monitor

While it's starting up or while it's running?

Question

Just ran into this too. 10.8.5 OS works fine on the same segment. 10.7.5 takes a very long time to launch. Could you try unplugging the network cable? The application launched normally when I pulled off the network cable. Plugged in the network cable and it connected right up. Not a fix but a clue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast