Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Command Workstation 5.5.035 will not launch on Mac

Default Good clue.

I've got a webx session with a Fiery tech in India today so I'll post whatever we figure out. In the meantime, here's what Console shows: (this is from startup yesterday A.M.)

11/11/13 9:16:16.946 AM [0x0-0x13013].com.efi.cws: Command WorkStation(212,0xac0832c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x15fa3c0: pointer being freed was not allocated
    11/11/13 9:16:55.855 AM [0x0-0x10b10b].com.efi.cws: ===== Starting Folder: /Applications/Fiery/Command WorkStation 5/Command WorkStation.app/Contents/MacOS
    11/11/13 9:16:55.855 AM [0x0-0x10b10b].com.efi.cws: ===== Scan Folder[0]: /Applications/Fiery/Command WorkStation 5/Command WorkStation.app
    11/11/13 9:16:55.855 AM [0x0-0x10b10b].com.efi.cws: ===== Scan Folder[1]: /Applications/Fiery/Command WorkStation 5/Command WorkStation.app
    11/11/13 9:16:55.855 AM [0x0-0x10b10b].com.efi.cws: ===== Scan Folder[2]: /Applications/Fiery/Command WorkStation 5/Command WorkStation.app/Contents/plugins
    11/11/13 9:16:55.855 AM [0x0-0x10b10b].com.efi.cws: ===== Scan Folder[3]: /Applications/Fiery/Command WorkStation 5/Command WorkStation.app/Contents/MacOS
    11/11/13 9:28:08.103 AM [0x0-0x10b10b].com.efi.cws: <Subscribe> 22:ServerListCommand

Someone smarter than I will have to tell me what it means. Note that from the time I started the process to the time I connected was approx 11+ minutes.

Default There's an issue with the impose.bundle

So, they narrowed it down to one of the plugins, titled APF_Impose.bundle found in Library/App Support/EFI/plugins.

Doing a rename of the bundle (added underscores at the end of the extension—so .bundle___ fixed the relaunch issue, but obviously removes functionality of Command Workstation. Took about 9 seconds to launch vs. 9 minutes. You won't be able to Import jobs from Command Workstation w/o this plug-in, nor will you be able to Preview held print jobs. There may be other downsides, too, but printing to & controlling printed job options is still available. Otherwise, leave the plugin intact & just deal with the 9 minute launch time on 10.7.5 until they get the bug worked out.

Thanks to Prema and the other gentleman whose name I didn't catch for taking their evening to watch CW take a long time to launch on my Mac Pro.

Great, great support, EFI.

JWood is offline Fiery Certified Professional JWood is on a distinguished path

I am having the same issue. I found the file you described above and renamed it. CWS launched within seconds. Named it back to original and I'm still waiting.
    It has been 3 weeks since this post but still no fix. I keep checking for updates.
    Highly unusual for EFI to let this go this long.
    Jim

Still waiting . . .

We run HotFolders on our server so that all networked users can access the same folders.

This seemingly has killed this as hotfolders are not working either. I am sure that has something to do with the fact that our hotfolders are using an imposed dbt. template as well.

For the time being, can I have a link to the older version that I can install of Fiery Hot Folders and Command Workstation please?
    Any expedition of this is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by sbyprint; 12-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Joel Weinstein
    Southbury Printing Centre, Inc.

Ricoh Pro 8120s with Plockmatic Bookletmaker
    Ricoh C7110x with extended tray and 5th color unit

I too am having problems with CWS 5.5.0.35 not launching. It had been working fine under MacOS 10.9 with the exception of having to force quit to shut CWS down. I saw there had been an update the printer driver which I did and now the CWS won't fire up. So I reinstalled CWS and it's still not working so I am faced with no other choice than to reinstall v5.3...

...unless anyone can help.

David

Default Also having this problem.

Hi

We have a small isolated mac network which we are not permitted to connect to the outside world. We have 2 fierys and a number of mac workstations.

CWS (version 5.5.0.35 on OSX 10.7.5) is taking a very long to startup. It just hangs on the splash screen for about 10 mins, then eventually launches properly. I've turned off all the update options i can find so that it isn't looking for the internet but i suspect it still is.

Just to test this theory i connected one workstation to the internet using a hotpsot on my phone and CWS starts up instantly! When i turn off the hotspot and restart its back to 10 min splash screen!

Clearly its looking for the internet but in our department it can't have it! So it's sulking. Any way to tell it not to? I've also tried the uninstalling and reinstalling as advised here, and no difference.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by fluke; 12-16-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Default No Fix up to Now?

I just got a message from the EFI Updater App that there was a new version availlable. I started this thread weeks ago when i ran into the issue. Alas no solution yet?

Renaming the impose is a workaround but i dont believe its a nice one.

anyone fix this issue yet?
    Konica Minolta C2070P
    EFI Contoller
    CWS 6.2.030 (Installed on Rip)

Workstations
    Apple Macs OS 10.13.4
    Pc's Windows 7, Windows 10

Default Just got a request from India, so they're still working on this bug

Just wanted to let everyone know that they're still trying to solve this one. The Team Lead in India had me run a few terminal commands this morning and send him the results. As the results were nothing, nothing and nothing, in that order, either I told him a lot or nothing at all. Stay tuned.

Follow up to my earlier post...

Once again CWS would not load again this morning. Before uninstalling CWS 5.5 and going through all the reinstall process again I tried removing any related preferences to see if it would trigger it to load again.
    So I removed…
    com.efi.cws.plist
    and
    com.efi.FierySoftwareManager
    but CWS still wouldn’t load.

So I then removed…
    EFI Contextual Help Preferences
    and
    EFI Rel3.Fiery Command WorkStation.dj
    and lo and behold it booted up!

I’m guessing it’s EFI Rel3.Fiery Command WorkStation.dj that is probably the offending file.

I would say that it’s having to Force Quit CWS that must be corrupting this file and preventing it from loading. If this hadn’t have worked I probably would have had to reinstall.

this doesn't solve my problem of CWS 5.5 not quitting but at least it gets the app to load again without having to reinstall.

David

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

For some reason I have to block ip address 69.16.143.107 with Little Snitch (you could block it in the host file) to get Command Workstation to load.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast