Thread: XPe SP3 Fiery Update Download

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Default XPe SP3 Fiery Update Download

Hi Mods,

Hoping you can help me out - on the more "elderly" products for Xerox - eg. EXP8000 & the AP version both V3.0 & V1.0 respectively - you was kind enough to provide an XPe SP3 disk 1 for minimal expense - can I ask whether this was ever tested to download the MS OS patches via Fiery update ? the reason I ask is because it does not work - the trick is to manually download patch 71 from the OS updates & run immediately after installing XPeSP3 & then run Fiery Update & it works a treat....

If you have one of these RIP's left can you reload it & try for yourselves - basically the patch is the MS Certificate patch that allows MS downloads - all we got was an error 10 "check proxy settings" - put the patch on manually & it works instantly - patch 1-1CO771 - unfortunately after a reload the "download OS patches" is Pre Selected & you cannot change it - you can download everything manually....
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Hi thistlegorm,
    Those versions of Fiery systems were built using a very custom version of XPe embedded which does not support Microsoft updates installed directly from Microsofts web site. All of the updates required an EFI installer to be added to the updates for them to officially be installed. Today's products are now based off a Windows XP Pro or Windows 7 which allow the customers to implement Windows updates as they would any other Micorsoft Windows client.

Regards,
    'Randy