Thread: Remote Scan 5

Default Remote Scan 5

Hi,

I am not that experienced at the setup but am familiar with all the terminology.

What I am trying to accomplish is to scan from my designers Mountain Lion mac.

I downloaded and installed the entire Command Center suite 5.5, including Remote Scan 6 to the mac. However, I am simultanously attempting this using a Windows PC and the files shared by the Fiery, (Fiery CWS 4.6, Remote Scan 5)

My setup is:

Xerox Docucolor 700 - serial cable - Fiery EX700 (for printing)
    Xerox Docucolor 700 - ethernet - EX700 (port with SCAN label) - 10.100.10.1
    Fiery EX700 - ethernet - network/switch - 192.168.1.240

So its basically a Windows Shared Printer.

The Remote Scan utility can not locate any scanners on 192.168.1.240.

I tried:
    Xerox Docucolor 700 - ethernet - network/internet however the Docucolor seems to have a static IP which I do not know how to set to DHCP, and only want to mess with if I have to.

A couple of quick items to confirm

You mention the Xerox Docucolor 700 - ethernet - EX700 (port with SCAN label) - IP address is set to 10.100.10.1. This is not the correct IP address scheme for this port. Was this manually changed? The IP Address on the scan port of the Fiery should reflect 100.100.100.2 and should be connected to the Xerox Engine via a cross over cable. Can you confirm this?

The network connection to your lan is set to 192.168.1.240. I am assuming that the client system is also on this same IP segment. Can you ping this IP and do you get a reply? When attempting to connect from within Fiery Remote Scan, instead of Auto searching for the Fiery, at the first screen, try typing the IP address, 192.168.1.240 into the connect to server box and Connect. What is the response?

Are you able to connect Fiery Command Workstation and does it find the Fiery via the same IP address?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W View Post
    A couple of quick items to confirm

You mention the Xerox Docucolor 700 - ethernet - EX700 (port with SCAN label) - IP address is set to 10.100.10.1. This is not the correct IP address scheme for this port. Was this manually changed? The IP Address on the scan port of the Fiery should reflect 100.100.100.2 and should be connected to the Xerox Engine via a cross over cable. Can you confirm this?

The network connection to your lan is set to 192.168.1.240. I am assuming that the client system is also on this same IP segment. Can you ping this IP and do you get a reply? When attempting to connect from within Fiery Remote Scan, instead of Auto searching for the Fiery, at the first screen, try typing the IP address, 192.168.1.240 into the connect to server box and Connect. What is the response?

Are you able to connect Fiery Command Workstation and does it find the Fiery via the same IP address?

Thanks

From the serial connected EX700 Command Workstation starts up fine and connects. However, from any other station (both the mac nor pc ) it does not.

A couple questions that might help me along:
    1. The Remote Scan application with my designer, it it attempting to connect to the Docucolor directly, the Command Workstation on the EX700 or is there some type of bridge where it connects through the EX700 to the Docucolor?
    2. Is it possible to have multiple instances of Command Workstation or Remote Scan?
    3. When I browse to 127.0.0.1 from the EX700 a page shows up with the Docucolor settings, however settings I change do NOT immediately (often not at all) reflect on the Docucolor. What is it that I am changing here?
    Last edited by sunshinegraphics; 10-24-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W View Post
    I typed the IP out incorrectly, it is manually set in windows to the IP you stated (100.100.100.2). However it is connected with a straight ethernet. I don't have any crossover cables laying around I will have to run out and get one later.