Thread: Printing multi page document with bi - fold on Heavyweight 2 papaer

Default Printing multi page document with bi - fold on Heavyweight 2 papaer

Hi,

I hope someone can help, I have a Xerox 252 with light production finisher. When copying I can do bi - fold on heavy weight 2 paper without any problem either lots of one page or one of lots of pages.

When printing using Command Workstation 5 it will Bi - fold single page documents on heavyweight 2 paper (as many as I want) but as soon as I print a document with 2 or more pages the prints exit from the top tray of finisher unfolded.

I have tried this on a friends machine and it does exactly the same, I have added all the patches currently available on the Xerox site for my machine. My engineer says that it is a miss match between fiery and machine that has never been rectified.

Surely I am not the first person to have experienced this, on what is now a fairly old machine. Has there really not been a fix for this problem?

Any Help appreciated.

Regards Paul

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Understand that your Fiery is ultimately supported by Xerox, and not by EFI. Xerox chooses what features and fixes they want to buy from EFI, and what level of support--including patches--they want.

The 242 is an old machine and likely is not supported for patches anymore, but you'd have to ask Xerox that as they're the ones in charge of that decision.

It does not surprise me that the Fiery is programmed to have a restriction that differs from what the copier allows you to do. That happens sometimes. Have you looked at the Customer Expectation Document for the 242? Your vendor will have that, and it spells out *exactly* what Xerox promises on that machine--including paper and fold capabilities.

My guess, without looking, is that Xerox doesn't promise much with respect to folding Heavyweight 2 stock--and that if the copier allows it, that it's a mistake on the copier side. My guess is that the Fiery is programmed with the proper restriction that honors what Xerox declares the machine to be able to do. But, the only way to know which side is mistaken is to check the Customer Expectation Document.

If the CED speaks to folding multiple sheets of HW2 stock, then it will tell you how many of those it can fold together--and even on the copier you won't be able to go beyond that limit. Regardless, if that's the case then the Fiery is mistaken--but as old as that system is, don't expect that to be patched.

How many of the HW2 sheets can you fold together using the copy function? *Exactly* which finisher do you have? There are two finishers with booklet capability, one (Light Production C Finisher) heavier duty than the other (Professional Finisher). Does your finisher have a post-fuser insert tray on top?

There is no mechanism on this forum for anyone to address this issue. The proper route for getting an answer and/or resolution to this issue is by placing a service call. And don't let your service tech blow this off; make him pursue this up the ladder through Xerox engineering somehow and get a solid answer.

If you are a Xerox direct customer, you may also call the service number and ask for "second level support" yourself; this bypasses the service technician and gets you with a hotline representative who also has access to product engineering. But if you bought this through a dealer and if you're serviced through that dealer, your relationship is not with Xerox directly and all of this has to go through your dealer service organization. Welcome to Xerox.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Strange. My DC252 won't fold anything above HW1, neither in copier- nor on in print-mode. But, as a workaround, have you tried "fooling" the machine by setting a different paper weight?

In the past, we often selected Normal instead of HW1 to get things done and it worked almost every time without problems. Maybe you can try HW1 instead of HW2...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

From the 252 CED, in the section on the Light Production Finisher:

The Booklet Tray can accommodate up to 20 sets (with tray in “up” position) of up to 15 sheets per set when stapled (set size limited to 5 sheets when not stapled). Booklet stitching available with paper sizes of 8.5”x 11”SEF, 8.5”x13”SEF, 8.5”x14”SEF, 9”x11”SEF, 11”X15”SEF, 11”x17”SEF, 12“x18”SEF, 13”x18”SEF. Booklets of up to 15 sheets of 24lb/90gsm or 14 sheets of 20lb/80gsm plus 1 non-coated cover between 90 – 176 gsm can be created when stapled.