Thread: Job Monitor?

Default Job Monitor?

Hi there,

We have recently upgraded one of our design departments computers to windows 7, which is all fine with his printers. However, he has 6 main big printers that he uses and he said that previously he was able to have a job monitor for all of the printers so that he could see at any one time who is using them (ie. from different sites etc..).
    Now he currently has an EFI job monitor that just monitors 1 printer, but he said that previously he had them all setup on one job monitor.

He has the following printers. OCE TDS5860, OCE CPS800 (1000C), OCE Colorwave 600, Ricoh MPC4000, Ricoh 2090 and a Konica Minolta KMC352.

Can anyone tell me how I would get all of those on a job monitor? Or if not all then a majority of them?

Default Job Monitor?

Paladax,
    Many of the newer drivers no longer include Job Monitor.

If I might recommend, install Command Workstation instead. This will offer a wider set of options, than previously offered in Job Monitor. The user will be able to monitor each of the systems, Who is printing, what is being printed, how far into the printing they are, manage jobs, reprint jobs, directly submit PDF files without the need of opening an application as well as many more features.

Regards,
    Randy

Hi Randy,

I have tried that. But it only allows me to add the OCE CPS800 (1000C). All the others are either not detected when I tell it to search, or does not allow me to add them manually, saying that the server name or IP address is incorrect.

Any ideas?

There could be several items to examine.
    The first is what version of CWS are you running. Many of the earlier Fiery's, pre system 8r2, could experience difficulty when attempting to connect with new versions of CWS. Not supported

Also CWS and Job Monitor are designed to only connect to a printer via a Fiery controller. If the printer does not use a Fiery to print, we will be unable to connect.

Another possibility might be the Fiery's are not on the same subnet so you might not see them when the system is scanning the network. If you have access to the segment they are on, you should be able to type the ip address in the server name location and it will find the controller. If it does not, you might first try pinging the Fiery to ensure you have connection.

Another is to make sure that you have all the queue's published. With some of the earlier Fiery controllers, it you did not have the queue's published, you could in some cases experience problems connecting.

Randy

Printfun is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Printfun is on a distinguished path

Since it is subject related, if you had an iPad, would Fiery Go do the things you are looking for?