Thread: Help with Calibration using i1 Publish

Default Help with Calibration using i1 Publish

I am running a Konica C5501, with embedded fiery IC-408. I am needing to calibrate this machine using the i1 Profiler as part of the i1 Publish Pro package (not Pro 2). According to the instructions, I need to switch off color management in the Fiery, however I am having difficulty understanding what fields of the screen I have included below I would set to 'none'. I am printing a pdf which has been produced as cmyk. The settings and calibration I have tried are as follows:
    1. Set RGB source profile to Adobe, rendering style Relative colorimetric, mapped direct to ouput and not through RGB separation and cmyk simulation.
    2. Set CMYK simulation profile to 'None'
    3. Left printing gray using black as 'off'
    4. Spot colour matching left as 'on'
    5. Rich Black left as 'on'
    6. Output profile left as Fiery 65C-KM uncoated v1F

I then print the patches, and measure them with the spectrometer and then load the created profile back as a cmyk simulation profile, leaving everything else the same, including the output profile.

Results are not good. Are these settings correct? Should I print the patches with no output profile.
    I have included a screenshot of the default settings as part of the help request.
    Help with the process would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Graham
    Name:  printerexpertsettings.JPG
Views: 2920
Size:  59.7 KB

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Well, maybe I'm completely wrong but shouldn't you take your new profile as an -ouput- profile, not simulation?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Default Help with Calibration

Sorry, I should say that the screenshot is of an changed screen for patch print. Below is the default screen.
    Thx
    Graham
    Name:  defaultexpertprintcolor.JPG
Views: 2732
Size:  65.3 KB

And leave the CMYK as none? Not sure, maybe, but that is my confusion. I have posted the correct expert colour default setting as a jpg.
    Would that mean that I would print the patches without an output profile and without a cmyk profile and then just replace the output profile with the newly created profile?

Thx

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

To my understanding, yes. No simulation and no output profile for profiling. Then use any simulation (CMYK/RGB) profile you like together with your newly created output profile.

Maybe someone else confirm or correct this as I'm also very interested in this!
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Default Help with Calibration

Hi Oxident

Thanks for the reply. I thought that the profiling built a separate ICC profile as a replacement, so I would place the newly created profile as an output profile and keep the cmyk as none, otherwise, the colour would be processed twice, once through the cmyk simulation and then again through the newly created output profile.

I have just received some advice to keep all profiles as is, print patches, then replace the output profile with the newly created one........

Anyone else can shed some light on this.
    Thx Graham

el_tren2003 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor el_tren2003 is on a distinguished path

Hi,

I think you should turn off Spot color matching and switch Black to"normal", then go to image tab and de-select "toner saving" and "toner reduction", if selected.
    Just import your new profile as output profile.

Regards,

el_tren2003

Default Help with calibration

Hi el_tren2003

Thanks for the reply. Should I leave the CMYK to 'swop' and the RGB to 'Adobe' as well as the changes you suggest and also leave the output profile as default Konica uncoated in order to print the patches?
    Thx
    Graham

el_tren2003 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor el_tren2003 is on a distinguished path

Hi Graham,

That's right, except simulation Profile, just leave "None".

Regards,

el_tren2003