+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driver Docucolor 252 - OS X 10.8.4

Default Driver Docucolor 252 - OS X 10.8.4

hi,
    I cannot find the links to download the latest drivers compatible for Mac OS X 10.8.4 the Xerox DocuColor 252
    can you help me?

thank you

Hi,
    There are no supported 10.8 drivers for that product. You can download the Fiery Express Driver which will print to your device but have limited capabilities.
    Thanks, Craig

Default Fiery Express Driver

I have installed this driver and tried printing to a DocuColor 242. No jobs ever print out. There are no error messages. I have tried printing from several Macs running 10.8.4. Is the DocuColor 242 supported?

Yes, the 242/252/260 is still a supported product but is well past end of sales. Send me a copy of your config page. I'll take a look.
    Thanks,

lmcollins,
    The Fiery Express Driver is a solution that can be installed on any Macintosh using
    Mac OS X 10.7 to provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. Macintosh OS X 10.7 and forward users who want to print using Fiery features should print to the Fiery “Held” queue then use Command WorkStation 5.x to edit the Job Properties.

When you launch CWS, do you see the job in the Fiery hold queue?

When you setup the printer, did you use IP and what is the queue name you used?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    Hi,
    There are no supported 10.8 drivers for that product. You can download the Fiery Express Driver which will print to your device but have limited capabilities.
    Thanks, Craig
    hi Craig!
    I had already tried to download and install the package express but when I go to choose the software, as in the picture, I do not find docucolor 252; why?

Name:  Schermata 2013-09-03 alle 23.42.27.png
Views: 7379
Size:  76.0 KB

Hi umbertoc,
    As mentioned, there is not a specicifc driver for this system, but rather the Fiery Express Driver. When you install it on your Mac, the optimum process is to install using LPD.

# Address line: Fiery's IP address
    # Queue line: hold
    # Name: what you wish to see in your printers (ie, Xerox 242)
    # Print Using: Select Printer software, Once pull down appears, scroll till you find EFI Fiery Express Mac Driver and select

There will not be features specific to the 242, however once you print the file, you launch Command Workstation and from the hold Queue, implement the workflows and features you need.

This is documented in the ReadMe that you can pull down with the driver.

Hope that helps
    Attached Images  

Default another way.....

I have been using the 252 driver for 10.7 on my 10.8 machine for months now and have not had any issues. The Fiery Express driver will work, but it has a reduced feature set. If you need more advanced options consider installing the 10.7 driver.

Hi Randy_W
    I solved my problem with your help;
    now that will be released OS X Mavericks, this can also be done there?

I thank you again!

Hi, Randy_W.

I have tried using Hold for the queue, Print for the queue, and have also left it blank. I am using the IP address.

This printer is offsite, but I'm told that the job never shows up in the queue.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread