Thread: Properties of printed document do not work!!

Default Properties of printed document do not work!!

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me. I use Fiery CW for a long time at work for our Canon printing machines. Recently we replaced system into Windows 7 and I have downloaded latest version of Fiery CW 5.

Unfortunately, the properties function in the Job Center section doesn't work at all. In the version no 3, I could easily highlight printed job in the job log and then click into properties and I could easily change properties of document that was once printed ie. no of copies, stapling function, collating, colour or B&W, size of paper etc. In the new version, when I click on properties nothing is happening.

Did anyone experience this ridiculous problem and what's more important, solved it?

Hi Fabon,

We had an issue recently where Java version 7 would prevent job properties and other windows in Command Workstation to open.
    This has been resolved in the version currently available on efi.com/cws5, Command Workstation version 5.5.0.16i.
    Have you installed this version?

I just verified that it works fine for me with in Windows 7 with the latest update of Java 7 installed.

You should open Job Properties from the hold or printed queue, though, not from the job log.

Kind regards,
    Rune

Thank you Rune for help. Yes, I have the latest Command Workstation version 5.5.0.16i. I cannot open any jobs properties neither in printed queue nor in hold queue. There is no reaction after choosing properties.

I also have Java 7 update 25. Moreover we have one more PC in the office with the same CW version and the same problem.

Is there anything else I could check to remove this issue?

Tricky for me to recommend anything since I am running the same software as you and for me it's working fine (also installed Java 7 update 25).

Have you had other (older) versions of CWS on this Windows 7 box before?

Could you try a complete uninstall and re-install from control panel add/remove programs? This runs the master installer and should remove all EFI software installed.

Thanks Rune. I didn't have other versions on my PC, also I can't see the point of reinstalling it as I have just installed it yesterday which took about 1 hour and on the other PC is same problem.

I guess it may have something to do with communication between Fiery and our printers...

Hi Fabon,
    Can you provide me with the following information? We would like to see if there is a workaround for you.

1)What is the Job Properties version?
    Launch Command Workstation.
    Go to “Help” menu.
    Select the “About Plug-In” -> “Job Properties”

2) Can you check if the file “jp2.dll” is present in the following directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiery\Applications3\Common Files\EFI

Thanks,
    Jason