Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unable to set the date and time...

Thank you, Greta. I did as you said, and I got the same results I click the "Set" button for the date and time, and it just "compresses" and does nothing else. No new screen or window or anything. I checked and reinstalled my Java, to make sure that was up to date (it was, v.7.25), and I tried Webtools in both IE and Firefox, to rule out browser variables. But alas, the bug remains.

Any other suggestions? Could I possibly PM the IP address and our Fiery password to one of you to try and set the server to our time from your end?...

Still haven't found a solution to this one. Clicking the "Set" button for Date & Time simply does nothing, whether I try to do it directly through CWS (new or old version) or Webtools. Java all up to date, etc. No luck. Any more suggestions?

Thank you!

Default Workaround

Seeing you have a Windows based Fiery, you could always switch the date and time in Windows instead.

Do you have a monitor/keyboard/mouse attached to the Fiery? If so just login and change it from control panel.

If not, then you can remote desktop into the Fiery (must be turned on in configure first).

From a windows computer, select Start > Run and type in MSTSC, then hit enter.
    This opens the remote desktop client - type in the Fiery's IP address, and hit connect. You should be able to login as Administrator, and change the date from control panel.

G.

Thanks for the clever suggestion, Greta.

I tried to connect through MSTSC a number of times, but the IP address of the Fiery alone did not seem to be enough. It returns the message: "This computer can't connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator."

I tried getting through via a number of other methods that I could come up with, but to no avail. All of the computers and printers here are linked through one network, though I can't seem to find the Xerox in My Network Places, and am not totally clear on how to get it to show up there... I tried to add it, but didn't know what to put for "Internet or network address" (obviously I tried the IP address, but no dice).

Default Have you enabled remote desktop via configure tool

Open the configure tool, and under Server > General. There should be a checkbox for 'enable remote desktop'. Is it checked?

Will require a restart to apply changes.

Greta,

I do not appear to have that option anywhere in the Configure menu. I went through all the pages of the menu, starting at Server > General, but didn't see it anywhere.

Is there a standalone update to the Config menu that I'm not aware of?... I have V2.0.72

Default Time to plug in a monitor

Plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse to access windows then. I'm pretty sure that server has the video port enabled by default.

Hi Greta,

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm following. With our setup here, we have several Windows XP based PCs hooked up to a LAN (which the Docucolor 242 is also hooked up to), and we have Command Workstation installed on the computers, for operating the Docucolor. Pretty basic setup.

Are you suggesting to hook up a monitor, keyboard, and mouse directly into the Docucolor? I wasn't aware we could even do that until now, when I just checked and saw the connections on the bottom/back of the machine.

If that's what you're suggesting, that'll be a bit of a production just to set the date and time. But, if it gets the job done, I guess we'll just have to set some time aside to do that.

-Kyle

In your earlier post, you were asked if it was an embedded or a server type Fiery.

You answered that it was a server type, which in Fiery land means it's a separate computer box, a silver computer case, running windows, with an LCD screen on the front/top, and a Fiery logo and name. The Fiery box then has two cables connecting it to the print engine. I am suggesting you plug a monitor into the Fiery box, it has regular computer ports on the back.

If however you actually have an embedded Fiery - a small beige square box bolted on the back of the printer, then you can't plugin a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Well technically you can, but it won't help and you can't control it this way. If you have an embedded Fiery, then I'm out of options for you - I'd suggest booking a technician to come and reload it for you, and patch it up to the latest levels.

G.

Hi Greta,

Sorry I appear to have misunderstood previously.

It is a small beige box bolted to the back of the machine. It does have the connections for a monitor, mouse, and keyboard, but I trust your word that it wouldn't get me very far hooking up to it.

Thanks for all your help; we'll just have to bring it up to a tech during our next servicing I suppose.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2