Thread: Changing Firebird Default Password

VinceP is offline Fiery Certified Professional VinceP is on a distinguished path

Default Changing Firebird Default Password

Hi ,
    I have a customer who,s company perform security network scans , on the latest scnas they have identified that the Firebird SYSDBA password is the default , for the Controller to stay on the network they require the password to be changed.

Can this be done ? .

Canon CLC5151 GX100

shmegenke is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor shmegenke is on a distinguished path

You would need a patch for that.

Unfortunately, if that's a GX100, I'm pretty sure that product has been end-of-life for awhile.
    I think that would mean there probably wouldn't be any new patches made for that product.

You may want to confirm this with your regional Canon Tech Support organization.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

If you're tough you can try a fulltext search across every file in order to spot the string. Then just hex-edit that file and also change the password within the Firebird DB.

But that sounds extremely "advanced"...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64