Thread: CWS 5.5 and Compose

Default CWS 5.5 and Compose

Using Compose with the latest version of CWS (i) the text on tabs are out of line... only correct one is the middle... the first tab is
    shifted to the left, the 5th tab is shifted to the right... there is no issue when just setting tabs through printer properites using mixed media... very frustrating

In the Edit Tab window, the Tab Media settings and check the "Distance from edge" value. It sounds like this is set to 0 which indicates that the first tab ear begins at the edge of the tab media.

If you are using 8.5 x 11 in media and five tabs per set, Compose and/or JobMaster would divide the 11 inch dimension into five equal sections and center the tab text in those sections. If your first tab is inset a half inch from the edge of the media, enter .5" as the Distance from edge value. This will exclude the half inch from both sides of the tab media and divide the inner 10 inches into five sections and center the tab text in those sections.

If you are using metric units and A4 media, the numbers will be different, but the principles are the same.

Thanks Bob, that did help, however it still isn't quite right. Now the first tab is correct, then each tab shifts to the right.
    I have a photo of this, but having problems attatching the file on this site. Could I possibly email this to you? Any new suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Can you tell me what printer and what model and version of Fiery you are using? Can you also provide information about how the tab media is defined and how the job is setup? Did you see this issue in earlier versions of CWS?

What is the file format of the image file you are trying to attach. Can you save it in a different format, such as PDF?

Hi Bob, I think my attachments work now. I have 2 attached. One using Compose in CWS 5.3 and one using the latest version of 5.5. You can see most clearly by the time you get to the 5th tab, the text has shifted considerably to the right when using 5.5. The units i have tested on is both Xerox 560 and Xerox J75. I have talked to people that have the same issue using other Manufacturer units. Also as another issue discovered, when using 5.5 and Impose, the crop marks actually shift from page to page... a lot of business cards wasted when time to cut. Thanks for working with me on this.
    Attached Files

Default Still a problem with latest CWS 5.6

Please help. Thanks