Thread: Command_LocaleCode

Default Command_LocaleCode

New Install. Fiery B2 w/IAC5255 when user prints Mac OSX 10.6.8 a job generated labeled Command_LocaleCode in the print queue. Once this job is deleted the original print jobs is printed. 3 Workstaton with this issue. 7 others with the same OSX does not have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MstrHutch View Post
    New Install. Fiery B2 w/IAC5255 when user prints Mac OSX 10.6.8 a job generated labeled Command_LocaleCode in the print queue. Once this job is deleted the original print jobs is printed. 3 Workstaton with this issue. 7 others with the same OSX does not have this issue.
    I assume you mean the print queue on the Mac client and not on the Fiery side as seen in CWS.

Also - Are any utilities running on these Macs along with the B2 driver at the time the problem occurs?

Many Thanks

Yes! on the print queue box of the Mac. I will email the IT person to see if he can send me a list of the utilites currently running on the Mac.

Thanks

Default command_localeCode

Same problem here. On multiple Mac's running 10.6.8 Any ideas or resolution yet?

Default Extraneous items in the queue

I do not have an answer and am trying to sort this out myself. Hopefully, someone can shed more light or provide a solution based upon my findings that it IS indeed a permissions issue.

We have varying flavors of Mac OSX 10.6.5 thru 10.8 using the Fiery Driver for 10.5-10.8. Specifically, the package Ricoh_E7100_v1_1R_EFIGSD_FD44v4_OSX.dmg which I downloaded from the EFI website.

Any print job generates 5 jobs in the local queue: Command_EFIPrefs, Command_LocaleCode, Command_PSTempFileName, Command_WritePSTemp and lastly, the name of the file being printed.

You can let it run it's course, taking an additional minute or, you can kill those extraneous 4 "jobs" and all is well.

The Fiery Express Driver does not do this, but of course, you lose many of the features.

Of note: When installing the printer (after running the Fiery Installer), the system does not configure the printer. You must manually do so. This led me to believe it was a permissions issue. A published solution was to change ownership of the printers via a terminal command. this did not work. However, it led me down a path that confirms the permission issue, but not how to resolve. it.

First, I ran the fiery uninstaller and then enabled Root User and logged in as Root. Once logged in, I ran the Fiery Installer. While trying to install the printer, it hung on configuration. after several minutes and seeing nothing noteworthy in Console, I cancelled the printer install and tried again, this time, electing to configure it myself. A print job sent as Root confirmed that only the print job was in the queue and the extraneous items were not. Logging back in as the user (who has admin rights), I sent a print job and got 5 items in the queue. This confirms it IS a permissions issue, but I have no idea how to solve it.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks, Les

Default Bump

Bump Anybody have any input on this?