Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CWS VDP not working

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    Hi Brian

Sorry to hear you're having problems with VDP productivity.

I've generally found that postscript errors in CWS tend to be caused by unflattened pdfs. Since we upgraded to 5.4.1 we have been inundated with T1_gsave errors, but downgrading back to 5.4 the errors don't appear nearly as much.

I don't know if you've tried this, but it may be worth running your pdf through Impose, saving it as a flattened file, then using that for your master.

All the best
    Gavin:

We tried both the dbp and flattened pdf options; we've had to use both depending on the situation, so where aware of the two different methods.

Brian B

Brian, EFI is currently investigating this issue. KM Japan has already escalated issue to EFI.

Please see my post from August 2. It is confirmed this issue is caused by an installed patch, a certain version of print driver, or both.

That post will give enough info to allow you to avoid this issue. However, it may involve a KM tech having to reload system software on IC-408, reconfigure printer with different print driver, or perform both tasks.

Default Thanks to Scott W.

Thanks Scott: I just had a KM tech that took our server configuration and the print error zipped up to send up to EFI/KM corporate. I will have them reload less the patch you mention and see if this addresses the issue. FYI, we now also have an issue with imposed simplex jobs printing duplex. Probably a different patch issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DRavid View Post
    Does it happens on any file?
    Please deselect the job property option "create master" . Will the job process properly?

If it will also fail, it means that the problem is with the file and not related to the create master.
    If it happen on any file, it can be also that the fiery s/w is corrupted, it should not have any relation to the CWS version.

DR
    The job does process properly if the create master is not selected. This issue is not with the file; we have tried numerous file types. The Fiery s/w was reloaded; also, it is occurring on both of our printers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2