Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IC-306: Half fold of single sheets?

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

You didn't say the model number of your folding finisher.

How about this as a workaround (this would work with any finisher):

(1) If your document is not already a PDF, distill or convert it to a PDF.

(2a) In Acrobat, do an "Extract Pages" for all of the pages in the document.

(2b) In the "Extract Pages" dialog, specify from Page 1 to Page Last (whatever that number is), and check "Extract Pages as Separate Files". You will end up with a separate PDF for each page in the original document.

(3) Create a Hot Folder with your print settings, including folding settings.

Note: If print order is important (i.e., if this is a postal-sorted mailing), AND you have the version 3 software on your IC-306, AND you have enabled the Sequential queue, then connect your Hot Folder to the Sequential queue. (Sub-note: I'm not sure if the Sequential queue preserves print order with Hot Folders.)

(4) Drag-and-drop all the extracted PDFs into the Hot Folder. Voila: single-page folded output!

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions!

@Steve:
    Nice idea, haven't thought of this. But I guess, the VDP solution (implemented as a workflow or preset) seems to be more easier to explain for my colleagues;-)

@Adam:
    Interesting. Do you know if I could also be changed to 1 sheet? ;-)
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Kevin Hayes is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kevin Hayes is on a distinguished path

GREAT idea Steve,

Adam - You are only setting the limit that the finisher will error out.

It sees your document as one continuous print stream. Variable data, like subset finishing sends the file as "mini files".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2