Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IC-306: Half fold of single sheets?

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Default IC-306: Half fold of single sheets?

Hi!

I'm trying to print a multi-page document (circular letter / mailing) on our KM C6000 with each sheet folded separately in the middle (half fold).

Unfortunately, the IC-306 complains that my finisher only supports folding with a maximum of 3 sheets ... but I don't want them to be folder "together".

If I print a single page with multiple copies, everything works fine and each sheet is folded individually.

Is there any possibility to force the Fiery to fold each sheet of a multipage document individually instead of trying to "put them all together"?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

In Finishing,Selecting fold style:Half fold should fold each sheet individually. Can you try this.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Hello Ranjitha,

thanks for this information. Unfortunately, the Fiery tells me that this kind of folding requires a different finisher (requires "Multifold Finisher" and I've got a "Brochure Finisher").
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

If Subset Finishing is supported in your Fiery then you can try the below steps.

> Launch Compose and Create Subset using Number of Sheets:1. so that each subset will have 1 sheet
    > Select the Fold style :Multi Half Fold. Save the composed job & Print.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

No, unfortunately, this Fiery doesn't support subset finishing. At least not using Compose/JobMaster. But I've tried to enter each front page number within the Mixed Media section ("Chapter Beginning") and selected "Define each chapter as separate finishing set".

Then it seems to work ... but it's quite difficult to do this for jobs with more than 100 pages :-(

Or are there some kind of "regular expressions" available for entering chapter starts?

I tested this with a multi page document and when I selected Half Fold, each sheet of the job folded independently. However, I probably have different finishing options than you do.

Another option you might try is to set the job up as a VDP job. In the VDP tab of Job Properties, check Define Record Length and then set pages per record as required. If the job is printing simplex and each page of the original document should be folded separately, choose 1 page per record. If the job is intended to print duplex, choose 2 pages per record.

This should cause the Fiery to treat the selected number of pages as separate VDP records and finish them independently.

Nice idea, thanks!

I guess you have either a bigger finisher or the one which doesn't support booklets. Therefore you can fold single sheets without any other workaround.

It would be really great if the IC306 would support either selecting how many sheets should be folded together (like on the IC414) or simply put as many folded sheets together as supported (like on Xerox DC25x).

The VDP workaround looks promising but you have to admit that this isn't a really "user friendly" way

Kevin Hayes is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kevin Hayes is on a distinguished path

It is not the 306 that is stopping you from doing the folding it is the finisher that is attached.

The previous post of needing the more robust finisher is correct.

It is in the design of the booklet finisher.

Thanks for making that clear. Yes, I've already found out that it really seems to be a "hardcoded" setting within the finisher's firmware.

This problem also affects "offline" finishing (e.g. folding of single sheets fed through the PI tray).

So I guess I should be quite happy with the VDP workaround ;-)

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Hi!

I'm trying to print a multi-page document (circular letter / mailing) on our KM C6000 with each sheet folded separately in the middle (half fold).

Unfortunately, the IC-306 complains that my finisher only supports folding with a maximum of 3 sheets ... but I don't want them to be folder "together".

If I print a single page with multiple copies, everything works fine and each sheet is folded individually.

Is there any possibility to force the Fiery to fold each sheet of a multipage document individually instead of trying to "put them all together"?
    Um, no.

And your finisher--if it's the FD--can be configured, by your service tech, to fold up to 5 sheets together at once. 3 is the default.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast