Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fiery no longer keeping Masters

What is the PN for the new System Software DVD?

SP3 Upgrade Kit for that Fiery (45094055) consists of:

- DVD1 Roman (45094053)
    - DVD1 Japanese (45094054)
    - Doc (45093963)

colours: curious, has your KM dealer been out to look at this issue yet?

Has issue been resolved?

Please go in CWS Device Center >Resources > VDP Resources > FF1 or FF2 and let me know if you see any cache created associated with your master file name. If it does the master was cached properly and you should also see the thumbnails of the cached pages. In this case you can use these masters with the variable files.

If it doesn't show any cache try the following:
    1. Remove the option from the job property "create master", the job will Process & Hold as expected?
    2. With the key "create master" set, when you Process & Hold you mentioned that it is moving to the printed queue, does it shows any fail such as marked red?

DR

colours; I am almost certain to the causes of this issue from testing I've done to a IC-408 here.

1.) I found that if all patches are installed via Fiery's System Updates utility, those patches will not affect FreeForm functionality. However, patch 1-18EVD5 apparently has a side effect that does break that functionality. That patch can only be obtained from KM support and a tech would have to manually install it.
    Print a config page to verify whether or not it is installed. If it is already installed, Fiery System software will have to be reloaded by your dealer, and System Updates run to install all patches.

2.) There were several Mac drivers released for this Fiery over the last several years. One, possibly two of these drivers cause this issue. I have verified the original Mac driver on the v2.0 IC-408's User Software DVD works - but this driver does not support 10.7 and 10.8
    Also, the latest 10.8 driver for the IC-408 on EFI driver download site works as well

3.) There were four Windows PS print drivers released for this Fiery over the last several years. Two of these drivers cause this issue. I have verified the original Windows PS driver on the v2.0 IC-408's User Software DVD works. Also, KM dealer can obtain an updated Windows PS driver from KM Support. That driver is identified by "1-14DDXE". Though these drivers support Windows 32-bit and 64-bit OS's, neither supports Win8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2