Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiery no longer keeping Masters

Default Fiery no longer keeping Masters

Our VDP has been working fine up until recently. Now when we try to process and hold a Master, the file simply goes into the Printed files, with no Master being held. The file size and source has no effect on this. I installed Command Work Station on another computer and found the same result. The Fiery we are using is on a Konica Minolta C6500

"Our VDP has been working fine up until recently"
    Can you think of any action taken involving Fiery recently? (new CWS ver, Fiery patch install, etc.)

You mention the printer model attached to Fiery, but nothing about which version and model Fiery is. Is it a box mounted to back of copier, or standalone server box?

For version, go to CWS/Device Center/General/General Info and look to upper left corner for that info in parenths.

Default Fiery Model

The fiery is a box mounted to the back of the copier. Model is 65C-KM-V2.0

OK. You have IC-408 Fiery controller.

*How are you creating master?

*What CWS version(s) are you using?

When you print a Fiery Configuration page, do you get more than two pages? If so, your Fiery has at least some patches loaded on it (pages 3 and on...) Patches listed will be Microsoft security patches and/or Fiery fix patches.

*Can you look and see the most recent date that a Fiery fix patch was installed?

The CW we normally use is 5.1.0.33. The CW I installed on another computer to test is 5.5.0.16

Masters are created from the VDP section of the print drivers, coming usually from Illustrator or Photoshop.

The most recent patch appears to be May 25

I can't even create a FreeForm Master on mine (!) , though I can to three other Fierys located here.
    I get a wierd nonsensical constraint error. (mine is fully patched)

I suspect a previously installed patch may have broke this function. But this will take some time to verify.

I suggest you contact your KM dealer regarding this issue if this feature is something you need resolved now.

My suggestion is they reinstall Fiery system software. Verify you can use FreeForm Masters.

If so, then have them use System Updates utility to install all Microsoft security updates, then use it to install all Fiery fix patches except for last (most recently released) 4-5 patches. Once again, you will want to verify you can use FreeForm Masters.

The catch with having KM reinstall the fiery software is the $600 service fee they want to charge us to send a tech to do the reinstall. That is what we were trying to avoid by coming to this forum

This forum can provide quick and painless answers, but unfortunately, not always.

Your KM dealer will need to troubleshoot this issue.

We do have the original software discs that came with the fiery. Is it something a typical IT tech could install or is it necessary to have a copier IT tech for the installation?

That is a task dealer must do.

By the way, if your dealer comes out to reinstall system software, request them to install the newer version System Softtware DVD1 ( which is WinXp SP3 still being supported by Microsoft with security patches).

The KM dealer can get that DVD from KM Tech Support

The original DVD1 was at SP2 level and would be obsolete, security-wise, in a network environment. The PN on the original DVD1 is 45079668

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast