+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CWS 5.5 disconnects

Default CWS 5.5 disconnects

Hello, I have 2 Windows 7 PC's with CWS 5.5 loaded. About 5-10 times a day the CWS will disconnect from the Xerox C75. The Bustled Fiery is still on th enetwork and will receive jobs. My question is, what software on PC's could interrupt the CWS like this.
    P.S. These PC's do have a lot of junk programs on them and are not kept at a "Professional level" games, music, lots of internet browsing.. I did scan for Virus's with McAfee none found.
    Thank you in Advance,
    Sue

Hello Sue,

It's difficult to answer your question since this is not, to my knowledge, a known issue.
    If McAfee is runing in the background, you may want to stop it, at least for testing purposes.
    What other programs and services are running in the background when the problem occurs?
    Could it be a networking related issue (it would disconnect if you lose network connection)?
    Please also make sure that the Fiery is up to date with patches (it should run 1.0SP1).

Hope this helps,
    l-

Hi Sue,

Do both computers disconnect and if so do they disconnect at the same time? And when they disconnect (or either of them disconnects) can you reconnect immediately?

I have today installed CWS 5.5 on a IC306 for KM C7000 and also have had the disconnect problem when a job is sent to print. Only way to resolve is to reboot both machine and Fiery. Fiery remains on network, it is the connection between controller and machine which is lost. Am currently reinstalling earlier version until fixed.

Default DrrrroooooP

Quote Originally Posted by susan sarwark View Post
    Hello, I have 2 Windows 7 PC's with CWS 5.5 loaded. About 5-10 times a day the CWS will disconnect from the Xerox C75. The Bustled Fiery is still on th enetwork and will receive jobs. My question is, what software on PC's could interrupt the CWS like this.
    P.S. These PC's do have a lot of junk programs on them and are not kept at a "Professional level" games, music, lots of internet browsing.. I did scan for Virus's with McAfee none found.
    Thank you in Advance,
    Sue
    I had that happen on a different system, changed the IP of Rip and problem went away.
    GM
    Regards,
    George Merelos
    gmerelos@hotmail.com
    630- 548-1709 H

www.linkedin.com/in/merelosgeorge

newmangary, did disconnect happen every time job is sent to print, or was it somewhat intermittent?

Is your IC-306 running v1.0 (System 9) or v2.0 (System 9r2)?

+ Reply to Thread