Thread: CPS v4 software it is still in demo mode

Default CPS v4 software it is still in demo mode

We have an ES2000 and v4 CPS which we have used on our FS100 previously. After a rebuild of the Fiery controller we installed the ES2000 again and registered it "successfully" using the on-line tool. We got the license code from the lic file and entered it into the on-line tool and this reported our registration was successful. When we launch the CPS v4 software it is still in demo mode...any ideas

Default RE: CPS v4 software it is still in demo mode

Try downloading the .lic file from the activaton Web site, placing it on your desktop, the launching CPS and clicking "activate".
    Does that work?

~Lou

Default Similar issue, wondering if Internet connectivity is key here?

I have a new install that I am supporting at a Bank. Their policy does not permit Internet connectivity in the Print Room so I retrieved the .lic file from an Internet connected PC and transferred it to the Fiery's desktop (it has a FACI so I can do this standing in front of the machine).

However when I launch the CPS it is still saying "demo" mode. When trying to manually activate using the CPS menu pulldown it says that there is no .lic file found on the desktop!

Questions: Is Internet connectivity key to getting this feature enabled? Is there some other sub-directory where the .lic file needs to go? Why is CPS not seeing the .lic file?

Thanks!

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Well, I can confirm that you don't need an internet connection in order to activate CPS. I've also downloaded the .lic on a different computer and the only thing I need to do is to save the file on the desktop and press on "Activate".

Maybe your .lic file is invalid? I remember that CPS also says "No License found" if the file is somehow corrupted (or is for a different S/N).
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Default Re: .lic file

I suppose the .lic could be bad. I got all good messages back from the activation website and a successful download of the file. I'll try this step again - - assuming that it will let me go through the process again when using the same serial number from the ES-2000, which I'm not sure that the site will let me do that.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Simply try to open the file in notepad. It should be a clear readable text file containing your serial number and some keys. If it looks garbarge or somehow truncated then your download went wrong...

I'm quite sure you can re-download the file as often as you want because it's only bound to your ES-2000 and can be safely moved between computers.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

Default RE: CPS v4 software it is still in demo mode

Download the .lic file for your serial number from activation.efi.com. Put it on your desktop. Launch CPS and tell it to activate SW. It should tell you it has acticated all the licensed found. If this fails contact support at <profilersupport@efi.com>

~Lou

Default Rookie mistake (made by a non-rookie!)

Turns out I had the "hide extensions for known files types" (default in Windows) turned on, and a file that I thought ended in ".lic" actually ended in ".txt". Ugh! I've only been doing this job for 25+ years, should have thought about this earlier!