+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrade options for Xerox 560 rip

Default Upgrade options for Xerox 560 rip

We currently have a bustled fiery rip on an X560 and I am thinking of adding Hot Folders and SeeQuence Impose. I see a few options in front of me and need help...

1. If I purchase the Fiery Productivity Package and SeeQuence Impose are they tied to the bustled rip (So when we come to purchase a new printer and rip they have to be repurchased) or is the software based on a license that can deactivated and transferred?

2. If Impose is installed on the rip, is it accessible from all client computers running Command Workstation?

The other option I see is getting an external rip such as PRO80 S10 with the features preinstalled. These might be stupid questions but in this scenario and thinking ahead...
    3. Does or can the external rip replace the bustled rip on more than one printer at one time?

4. Is the external rip compatible with multiple brands/models of printer? So say we moved from Xerox to Canon or upgraded the 560 to a later model would the same rip be able to serve the new machine?

Default Embedded vs External

Hi James,

I recommend you speak to your Xerox dealer, but based on my understanding:

Hot folders - what you purchase is a dongle that activates the hot folder function on the embedded 550. It is a 'use once' option and stays with that device and cannot be moved to another machine. The EX560 has hotfolders activated as standard.

SeeQuence impose - This is a dongle + Acrobat software for windows and Mac. It does not install on the RIP but on a PC/Mac workstation. Not sure if it is the letter of the law but it is possible to install on multiple desktops. However, only the PC with the usb dongle plugged in can use the feature, if you send jobs from other workstations they will have demo stamped on them. The impose features is not a standalone program, it is only accessible via command workstation. The EX560 comes with this package (dongle & software) as standard.

You can only connect the EX560 to a Xerox 550 or 560, not other printers are supported.

You can only connect the EX560 to one printer at a time.

Hope that helps.

Hi,
    I think rwb169 has this exactly right. I can add a clarification about the Impose license: you can install the Acrobat/Pitstop software on only one computer, but it's possible to move the Impose license between CWS clients by moving the Impose dongle.

We have also just introduced software licenses for the Fiery options that, once activated, behave just like the existing dongle-based licenses. So Fiery servers running FS100 Pro use a software license instead of a dongle to activate the Graphic Arts Premium Package Edition on the Fiery server itself. Like the dongle-activated license for Fiery server-based options, the license is not transferrable between Fiery servers once installed. This only works on FS100 Pro and later products.

However, we are also making Fiery Impose, Compose, and JobMaster option packages available with software licenses. These work the same way as the Impose-based dongles work today: the software license activates the feature in CWS, wherever CWS is installed. These Impose, Compose and JobMaster licenses activated in CWS (unlike the Fiery-server based options, described above) can be deactivated and moved between CWS instances. This only works with CWS5.4.1 and later versions and is not Fiery server version dependent.

-Mike

Thanks very much rwb169 and Mike. This makes things much clearer for me.

James

+ Reply to Thread