+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PDF booklet issue with ver 1.3.7

Default PDF booklet issue with ver 1.3.7

I have a customer with the latest Fiery Vue. Everything was working fine until recently. Now at least one computer is having problems.

With PDF documents the options for Booklet, staple, and similar items don't show up when we add those file types.

With the same printer selected as above, MS Office Documents have options for staple, booklet, etc. and MS Office Documents work fine.

Finally the Right-Click, Open with Fiery Vue option is no longer available.

IIRC the customer has Win 7 x64, MS Office 2010, Acrobat Reader 11, Fiery Vue 1.3.7.

Any ideas why?? How can we get things working again??

Note: Uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling Fiery Vue doesn't seem to help. Removing and readding printers along with power cycling the Fiery & copier don't seem to help either.

In addition the customer has recently had a lot of [version] changes to their Command Workstation and other apps recently and I figure "something" is getting in the way of Fiery Vue .... Figuring out which change caused the problem could be a little more difficult.

Hello,

I you change the printer in Fiery VUE to Demo Mode, do the options for Booklet and Staple appear with PDF files?

Best regards,
    Bruce

I'll double check that with my customer. They're currently unavailable but I'll reply here as soon as I find out.

Note: I believe that demo mode gave the right options but I don't recall for sure.

I apologize for the delayed response.

According to the customer going to Demo Mode does NOT give them options to do booklet, staple, etc. with PDF files.

It seems that MS Word and similar other documents work fine no matter what. Only PDF files are affected by this issue.

Hello,

Is there any chance the customer is simply opening custom size PDF's? In Fiery VUE open the sample PDF and choose Thumbnail View. Confirm the Page Size is Letter or Tabloid. If it isn't, you can force the page size to Letter to see if the Booklet option appears again.

Please confirm if this might be the issue.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Standard sized PDFs [8.5x11 portrait] seem to cause problems. It is my assumption that non-standard sized PDFs likely also cause the issue.

Default Printing Booklet PDF file

When try to print booklet (PDF file) in Fiery VUE contents of booklet printing out blank. When I print using adobe acrobat it print with contents, but does not work with VUE. Please advice
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread