Thread: Windows 8 drivers?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Default Windows 8 drivers?

I realize each OEM will handle this differently, but Win8 driver requirements are popping their ugly heads. New computers are coming with Win8.

Absent an actual driver from the OEM, is there a chance that we'll get a "Fiery Express Driver" similar to what EFI created for MacOS during the transition to the post-OS 10.6 world? That would solve all the Win8 problems from what I can tell.

Or maybe, does anyone know if Win8 has a built-in driver that's suitable? KM IC-413 here.

Thanks.

Though KM has been a bit slow to get the Win8 drivers distributed to the field, EFI has not. The drivers have been on EFI download site for quite some time now.

Please go to: http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Fiery-Support/download

...then select the Win8 driver you need.

I think it's good that EFI distributes the drivers by themselfes since sometimes it was really nifty to get the appropriate driver for a RIP. We sensed this while often searching for 64Bit drivers for EFI driven Xerox machines. The drivers where somewhat available but often misplaced in the list of available drivers on the Xerox site.

So the fact that EFI now provides them in a well sorted way makes it way better and in fact much more logical since the RIP comes from EFI not Xerox or KM etc.

Default Windows 8 Drivers for legacy systems

I have a IC-402 legacy system installed at one of my customers. they´ve recently upgraded to Windows 8 , I can´t find a driver anywhere.

The EFI download page only list the MAC express driver for this controller .

Is there any WINDOWS 8 generic PCL or PS driver for these devices (IC-402) ? where can I find it and download it?

Tks,

Leonardo

There will not be any Fiery print driver support for the IC-402 and Windows 8

Default Windows 8 Drivers?

Hi Scott,

This for the prompt answer , is there any work around to get the Windows 8 printing to the IC-402 ?

The user does not need anything special , just colour, duplex , and tray selection... for simple office documents.

many tks,

Leonardo

Default Solution found

Within Windows 8 , updated drivers.. Installed the only drivers on the Fiery folder ... It works