Thread: Reporting APPE problems bugs

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Default Reporting APPE problems bugs

Where is the best place to report bugs and problems with the Adobe PDF Print Engine.

Just ran into another problem where a graphic set as spot black in a file did not print correctly (light black than it should have been) but when APPE was not enabled it printed correctly.

Being able to print adjusted spot colors when APPE is enabled surly needs fixed. It is interesting on some RIPs (wide format) I have seen spot colors print with some printer drivers with adjustment and another driver will not print the adjustment with the same RIP.

What Fiery and system software version is it running?
    What engine model is it connected to?

It is quite possible a patch is available to fix this

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post

Product: Xerox 770 Color EX Server 1.0
    Attached Files

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Doyle,

I notice you haven't got 1-1HI0RN.exe loaded ? that has a fix for transparency - probably wont help you.

If I was you I would duplicate the job - set one to use APPE the other to not - do Process & Hold on both then individually select each job - hold down ctrl key & right click - you'll get Create Error Report select this - tick yes to include source file & write a little spiel about how to recreate & then ok. Repeat on other file save out both & open a software log with Xerox & give those zip files to them - they should be able to recreate on their reference machine.. least that way it gets on the system to start getting it fixed..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 02-27-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Just ran into another problem where a graphic set as spot black in a file did not print correctly (light black than it should have been) but when APPE was not enabled it printed correctly.
    Discovered under Gray & Black Processing if CMYK is set to off I do not have above problem with APPE enabled.

Default Reporting APPE problems bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post

I have a file here that has a logo in it. When using drag and drop, hot folder, import from CWS, web submission, the logo is upside down. If I use the conventional postcript printing, the logo printed properly. To whom I can send this file for testing and find out if it is an APPE bug related problem.

I'm using EX1000 print engine 2.2 with Fiery System version 10.