+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CWS 5.4 with greyed out paper catalog

Default CWS 5.4 with greyed out paper catalog

We are using CWS 5.4.0.76 and no further updates are necessary. I'm running two BizHubs (6500 and a 5501) and the 5501 works perfectly, but the 6500 has the Paper Catalog greyed out - I'm stumped how to get it back. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Michael

Do you mean the Paper Catalog icon in (CWS) Command WorkStation's Job Center is grayed out?

For the C6500, did it ever work?

If so, at what point did it cease being selectable?
    Can you think of a change that occurred at that time that may have caused this?

What Fiery model / version is connected to C6500?

Is CWS being used on Mac, or Windows?

If you go to a second client with CWS installed do you see same issue with Paper Catalo being grayed out?

Thanks for the reply!
    The greyed out part is when I select the properties of anything in the queue, and go to Media. The Paper Catalog drop down list is greyed out - although the Punched Paper, Paper Size, Type, Color, Input Tray and Paper Weight is not and I can select those.
    Conversely, when I am in the Job Center tab - I can select the Paper Catalog there and everything shows up correctly - it seems I just cannot apply the catalog to any specific job. Very frustrating! I have yet to see anything called "Map to paper catalog" like it mentions in the manual.
    I can't specify when exactly the change occurred, but the 6500 used to have full control of the paper catalog, and for some inexplicable reason, it disappeared (greyed out). I've just had enough and I thought I'd investigate further.
    We are using Windows. Client CWS stations all show the same problem. We're using fiery system 9, CWS 5.4.0.76.
    I hope this helps!
    Update:
    Specs are...Product: Fiery PRO80 65-55C-KM PS Color Server 3.0, Version: 3.0, Software: 9
    Plus a screenshot is included.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by printgraphics; 02-27-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: updates

No one knows??
    Seriously, I need to get this fixed! Anyone? Please?

Have you contacted your KM dealer regarding this?

If you have, but they are unable to resolve, they can escalate on your behalf to KM Tech Support.

Your dealer can also insure that your IC-303/305 is fully patched

So you do not know how to fix it?
    Only reason I'm avoiding the tech call is the time required.
    Any more ideas? Has anyone else had this issue, called support, and remembered what their solution was?

I can't say I have heard of this issue. Your description seems detailed enough.

You say you have v3.0 Pro80 System 9 connected to C6500, but what Fiery controller model/version is connected to C5501?

I think you need to pull the trigger as far as enlisting your dealer's assistance.
    That Fiery's v3.0 system code was superseded by v3.0a back in July 2010.

v3.0a is the version that KM and EFI have supported since then.

I would have the dealer upgrade your Fiery to v3.0a and then run System Updates on it to install all patches that have been released for it since v3.0a release. The v3.0a comes with a newer User Software DVD which includes updated drivers and Fiery utilities

Thanks for the info, Scott! I'll do that and report back here with results when I get them.

+ Reply to Thread