+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PrintMe Connect user authentication interface with Ricoh MF C5502 user authentication

Default PrintMe Connect user authentication interface with Ricoh MF C5502 user authentication

I have installed PrintMe Connect to print to my Fiery-controlled Ricoh MF C5502.
    • With Fiery user authentication turned 'off', my print job from the iPad comes over as 'guest' and is rejected by the Ricoh user authentication.
    • When I turn Fiery user authentication 'on', I created a user name 'ipad' and a password of '2222'. I set up this same user in the Ricoh user authentication. When printing from the iPad, the printer now has a lock symbol displayed and asks me for a user ID and password. It validates the user 'ipad' and password '2222', and submits the print job. The print job is rejected by the Ricoh user authentication.
    Why is this occurring?

Second question: Once I enter a user ID and password on the iPad or an iPhone, I cannot change it. Where is it cached to be read again?

Hi Karen,

PrintMe Connect user authentication with only work with Fiery user authentication. It will not work with engine authentication for any copier model.

Once a valid user ID and password is entered on the IOS device you won't get prompted for the credentials again unless the user/password is changed.

Best regards,
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread