Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIP for Workcentre 7500 Series Machine....

Kdw75 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kdw75 is on a distinguished path

Default RIP for Workcentre 7500 Series Machine....

Can anyone give me a rough price for a RIP for this machine? Are there refurbished/used machines available?

Kdw75 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kdw75 is on a distinguished path

Nothing????? Surely this machine isn't so rare that no one knows anything about it.

Default RIP for Workcentre 7500 Series Machine....

Hi Kdw75,
    We do not encourage posting pricing on the forums. These forums are intended for technical assistance. Please contact one of your local Authorized Xerox Sales companies for more details regarding pricing.

Regards,
    Randy

Hey,
    Where are you located? The RIP for the 7500 has gone End Of Life (EOL) as Xerox has replaced this with two generations of the product, but you may find a dealer with a demo or service unit that they would part with.
    jK

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_K View Post
    Hey,
    Where are you located? The RIP for the 7500 has gone End Of Life (EOL) as Xerox has replaced this with two generations of the product, but you may find a dealer with a demo or service unit that they would part with.
    jK
    Thanks for that. I figured there had to be tons of people with used RIPS for this that wanted to sell them.

Watch **** and Craig's list. Generally they are returned to the leasing company at the end of term. Have you tried contacting the servicing dealer for your 7500?

First of all thank you Jack for helping. The lack of information on the net is staggering to me.

The guy I bought it from said he isn't too familiar with the RIPS he generally deals with lower end machines. He also said that he thought that adding a RIP would disqualify us from our Xerox Pagepack agreement, which provides our service and supplies for a fixed per click charge.

Does the WC 7500 require a specific EFI RIP or will any of them made for a Xerox work?

I can't believe how little information EFI, or anyone else for that matter, has posted about the RIPS available and their compatibility.

The RIPS I am finding on **** tend to be ancient technology with the Pentium 4 and say they work on Docucolors. Does EFI make an interface card, like RIPS for platesetters use, that you can put in your desktop machine so that you have reasonably modern hardware?
    Last edited by Kdw75; 07-02-2013 at 07:44 PM.

You can't just use any EFI rip for Xerox. The rip you would need ios specific for the WC75xx. It's called "Fiery Network Controller for WorkCentre 7500 Series". You connect it via IEEE1394 (a.k.a FireWire) if I recall correctly. Most EFI rips (since the come from the production maschines) are connected via SCSI.

Also you would need the activation codes for the "Scan Kit" which I would say are missing due to the fact it's a used device.

In addition you would harm your warranty. The service contract is bundled to a spefic device configuration. any changes would affect the terms of the contract. Breaking it would mean no more CRUs and technical service.

You can either try to get one via a local Xerox dealer (which will be kind of hard since the maschines are EOL, but maybe a distributer still has something in the back) or you could risk all the warranty stuff and hit up a used box on the web. But please consider both ways to be pretty expensive either way.

Edit:
    About your question of putting the interface card into a regular PC: No. EFI BIOS-chips the rips + there is nowhere a driver to be found + EFI is using a modified linux distro to run almost everything in kernel mode(?? no gui or cmd).
    Last edited by sebastian-e-dox; 07-03-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks for the good info. I guess a RIP just isn't worth it for my situation.

The only reason I even wanted a rip was so that when I send over variable data pages it can cache the static data and just send the text that changes. Right now it has to process the entire page which takes a while for thousands of pages.

I really can't believe that the ability to cache data that doesn't change isn't a basic function on a machine like the Workcentre. It seems like Xerox needs to drastically improve their built-in controllers in this regard.

If memory serves me correct, I think we had to pay in the vicinity of 5,000 USD for each our of RIPS connected to our WC7556.

Since I'm from Denmark where everything is expensive, I'd imagine you can buy a new one for something like 3,000 USD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast