Thread: Booklet printing - Saddle Stitch - Margins Mismatch

Default Booklet printing - Saddle Stitch - Margins Mismatch

Hi all, I'm printing books on a Toshiba 6530c using Fiery. I'm using the setting for a saddle stitch book, top-top (double sided), printing Letter-R on Letter, so that I end up with a 8.5 high X 5.5 wide book. Everything prints fine, except that once the book is cut in half and put together, the pages are misaligned and look off center compared to each other. This seems to spread out from the exact middle of the book, i.e., the center pages (pg 112 & 113) are perfectly aligned, but pages 24 & 25 are out of alignment (vertical alignment only) by about an 1/8th of an inch.

I can't seem to find any threads which cover this problem. Makes the book look poorly published, please help if anyone has any ideas, thanks!

Matt

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Creep

You might be talking about creep compensation which be set for either plain or thick stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattupp View Post
    Hi all, I'm printing books on a Toshiba 6530c using Fiery. I'm using the setting for a saddle stitch book, top-top (double sided), printing Letter-R on Letter, so that I end up with a 8.5 high X 5.5 wide book. Everything prints fine, except that once the book is cut in half and put together, the pages are misaligned and look off center compared to each other. This seems to spread out from the exact middle of the book, i.e., the center pages (pg 112 & 113) are perfectly aligned, but pages 24 & 25 are out of alignment (vertical alignment only) by about an 1/8th of an inch.

I can't seem to find any threads which cover this problem. Makes the book look poorly published, please help if anyone has any ideas, thanks!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by deckm00 View Post
    You might be talking about creep compensation which be set for either plain or thick stock.
    I thought so, too, but this "creep" isn't Left/Right, it's up/down in orientation...

I've tried adjusting the creep as well without any success.

Any ideas?