Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom size not sticking within driver with EX770 or DC700i

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

Default Custom size not sticking within driver with EX770 or DC700i

I am facing an issue with custom sizes with the driver ex770 as well as DC700i i noticed
    Doesn’t mather what application you use, word, printshopmail,… when selecting a custom size for example 177 * 259 mm
    The custom size goes back to 215 * 279 , once you reopen the driver properties

Any idea whats going one?

I also noticed a strange ! icon in word

see 2 attachments

thnx in advance
    Attached Images    

It's the same behavior with the original Drivers for Windows 32Bits. Unfortunately I just have an updated driver for Windows but not for Mac. I dont know if the driver is even available via updates or the Xerox site yet. We got it directly from 2nd level support @ EFI. You should try to escalate the problem to 2nd level support.

The only way to circumvent this is to set the paper size via Command Workstation.

Could you pls state the OS X version and the architecture (32/64 Bit)? Because I bet its the 32 Bit version.
    Last edited by sebastian-e-dox; 01-17-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

hi,

well i have this issue under windows, not mac...

can you let me know the correct driver patch? or can you send me a link?

thnx

This article is old but I believe the rules still apply.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259140

Try adding a custom form in Windows then using the custom form in Page Setup from Word.
    (Printers Folder->Server Properties->Forms)

Best regards,
    Bruce

Dplicate. Sorry
    Last edited by sebastian-e-dox; 01-17-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Since we are in the Mac sub forum I assumed you are using the Macintosh driver.

But if you want to try the driver we use here it is:
    700i
    Both are ~65MB

seems, we were already using those drivers and alse creating a new form didnt help either
    i think its a driver issue

if you upen up the fiery driver preferences and fill in 177 x 259 mm as custom, then goto another tab , for example postscript or about, then swich back to the previous tab, you see the old values are reverted...

this doesnt happen with a docucolor 242 or normal xerox office machines...

any help ?

Did you unistall the old drivers via Fiery Printer Delete Utility? Because the Driver works well on our 32Bit and 64Bit Clients now. Is it Windows 8 you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian-e-dox View Post
    Did you unistall the old drivers via Fiery Printer Delete Utility? Because the Driver works well on our 32Bit and 64Bit Clients now. Is it Windows 8 you are using?
    no, i didnt use that tool
    i am running Windows 8

but same thing happens with windows 7 and windows xp ? on customer site also

That is strange. I can't think of anything more to do. We used Printer Delete Utility to uninstall the old drivers on the 32Bit systems and then reinstall the drivers with the new packages and everything works fine now.

I have a 32Bit Windows XP here and just installed the drivers again just to make sure and it works.

Maybeits a localization problem? Could you try to install the driver in a different language?

Could you please make a screenshot of the "About" section from the driver? So we can double check the version?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast